SCS mysteries

For discussion and help on modding and customizing the game
Mailman653

SCS mysteries

Postby Mailman653 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:06 pm

SimCitySocieties 2008-01-06 17-26-44-18.JPG

Garage anyone?
SimCitySocieties 2008-01-06 17-32-14-79.JPG

Another armored SUV screen for the riot police.
SimCitySocieties 2008-01-06 17-57-05-00.JPG

All that's missing from this building is a T-1000 walking out the door.

The stuff in this post aren't reskins, they are actually in the game, I suppose they could be considered hidden models that did not make the final product but were left in. I just happen to find mention of these buildings and luckly they still had textures and models. Some things which I THINK did not make the cut I think include:
SC5BP_AncestorShrine
SC5BP_androidfactory
SC5BP_animalshelter
SC5BP_apothecary
SC5BP_archeologicaldig
SC5BP_basketballhoop
SC5BP_bingoparlor
SC5BP_cabin
SC5BP_castawayclub
SC5BP_dock
SC5BP_fashiondesignschool
SC5BP_fisherman'spier
SC5BP_garbagedump
SC5BP_hospice
SC5BP_hydroelectricplant
SC5BP_internetcafe
SC5BP_joinusmeetinggrounds
SC5BP_laborranch
SC5BP_livinglovinquarters
SC5BP_medivachelipad
SC5BP_pharmacy
SC5BP_photographystudio
SC5BP_publichighschool
SC5BP_shuffleboardcourt
SC5BP_solarplant
SC5BP_sportsbar
SC5BP_supermarket
SC5BP_winerey
SC5BP_wineshop
SC5BP_winetastingbistro.

If anyone has see any of these places in-game, feel free to post on here and I'll update the list so it's not misleading to others. After a quick look in the models folder, some of the things here on the list do have models, apprently all they need is an XML and textures and they should work. The XML is no problem, it's the missing textures that's the problem, plus there is a possiblity that the models are incomplete and which is why they did not make the cut in the final product.

Update:I'm currently trying to import the models right now, at least the ones that are included, I'll post screens when done to show what works or doesn't work.
Update2:I was right, it would appear all the models are just place holders which vary in size but all the same shape of a generic house, the only things that work are the garage and the research facility.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mailman653 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sim-Maire

Postby Sim-Maire » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:20 pm

HO :eek: An Hydroelectric plant :eek:

I suggest use symbol of "Electricité De France" (EDF)

ou Energie Electricité Lyon Méditerranée (EELM) précursor of EDF

Techleo

Postby Techleo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:40 pm

This is very odd. Missing highways, garbage dumps.. I mean the whole system for simcity classic is sitting there :D I have the sneaky suspicion either these will be used in a expansion pack. That or they truly were rejected. Either way we have a oppurtunity :) All I really need to complete my communist African city is a garbage dump and a highway. Though that dock looks tempting...

Sim2Kid405

Postby Sim2Kid405 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm

I wonder if you saw these two pics thats in the folders, its weird they have it but still, have you seen them? :D

Oh By the way, if you open the xac file you can tell if there finish or not, if they have files in them like for example: C:\SC5_art\oldies\SC5T_BUILDING_Medium.max if you just see that, its not complete, they also have a video game store,
C:\Documents and Settings\travis_w\Desktop\SC5 Art\Buildings\Venues\SC5B_Toy_Store.max if you see this and then this should also have these in it, ambientLightColor ambientTexture sc5b_toy_store_amb.png diffuseTextureSC5B_Toy_Store.png then its finished, I use notepad to open it, as long as you don't mess with it, you won't hurt it, don't save it, i am sure you knew that. but just some info to see which ones are finished or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sim2Kid405 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinTh0m

Postby KevinTh0m » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:52 pm

This, is truly an amazing find, what I would do to have a TM's staff member's comment...

Perhaps these were intended to be hidden files for a "water" expansion pack, I noticed a large percentage on those building have something to do with a "port OR waterbased" community theme.

These ones in particular:
SC5BP_cabin
SC5BP_castawayclub
SC5BP_dock
SC5BP_fisherman'spier
SC5BP_hydroelectricplant.

Its too bad... I would have loved to see all of those in game. :(

If these are not hidden files for an expansion pack or something I would presume somebody from TM "secretly" put in these files hoping the modding community would discover and make use of them?

veryConfused

Postby veryConfused » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 am

Every game has hidden files that never made it to the final release. They are able to be noticed among the other files, they are just disabled or incomplete for one reason or another. This isn't the first game i've seen have hindden files in it, and it certiantly won't be the last

Lilbluesmurf

Postby Lilbluesmurf » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:48 am

Actually, there are some settings in one or more files that related to docks, I can't recall exactly where but I think it was something like depth required to place. There was probably a lot of partial stuff that didn't make it in since it was in development for such a short time.

Sim-Maire

Postby Sim-Maire » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Perhaps a future add-on or a future copious patch :)

It's sad the game is uncomplete... Although very good !

:o

AdmiralTigerclaw

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:01 pm

I just noticed something...

Parking Garage... twenty person WORKPLACE?
:confused:

Maybe that's why it didn't make it into the game officially the first time around... because they couldn't figure out what to do with it...

My oppinion... It should be a decoration item with a special ability and a drawback.
Like, increase the simoleon output of nearby workplaces... but reduces the effectiveness of nearby private homes. (Private homes would find a Garage unattractive, where as non-private, especially things like Skyrise apartments, would find a garage useful.)

Mailman653

Postby Mailman653 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:18 am

Oh, that was just for the screenshot, the garage did not have an XML of it's own so I had to make one for it using a venue XML.

shyskillz

Postby shyskillz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:16 am

the garage could probably work by increasing the office and residential space to the surrounding buildings (like a slum lord but without the ill effects).

i'm curious, what is a livinglovingquarters? sounds fun..lol

i wish i had the time and knowledge to mod and script this games...

gwynnblaid

Postby gwynnblaid » Sat May 31, 2008 12:04 pm

in the buildings folder i encountered a .png file we are waiting center, large building, knitting circle, importer, medium buildings 1 & 2, small buildings 1 &2, robotic factory, rollercoaster, salon, suburban layout, telemarketing center, some of them are actually the same picture but with different colour mask, and then in the models/venues we_still_wait_hangar.xac,
Last edited by gwynnblaid on Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

can someone posts a link to download these beautiful buildings? :D

Airsoft

Postby Airsoft » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 am

post a link, thanks

Return to “Mods (Discussion)”