Half life 2 Civil Protection

For discussion and help on modding and customizing the game
Marshall694

Half life 2 Civil Protection

Postby Marshall694 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone had created a mod which changes the police into Civil Protection officers from Half Life 2?

And are there any mods for other things from Half Life 2, like the citadel?

I'm trying to create City 17 so any mods would be helpful, thanks.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:42 am

There isn't any "Half Life" stuff as far as I'm aware of. If you (or someone willing to take up the task) can manage a paint program such as GIMP or Photoshop and a bit of XML editing, then one (or at least the flavor of one) can be made.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 pm

"Marshall694" wrote:I was wondering if anyone had created a mod which changes the police into Civil Protection officers from Half Life 2?

Azeem is correct - the way the game works you can easily make them Look like anything (well anything bipedal humanoid) - and then they must function like an existing sim in the game.

So if you wanted to to make the Civil Protection Officers that functioned like police, MIB, Sentinels or others it is quite easily done.

For a specific definition of 'easy' ;)

Marshall694

Postby Marshall694 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Ok how would i change the people (police officers,sentinels) into the civil protection officers?

Would i have to create the skin from scratch or would i be able to download it or take the skin from half life 2?

Creating a skin from scratch looks incredibly difficult:Image

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:57 pm

"Marshall694" wrote:Ok how would i change the people (police officers,sentinels) into the civil protection officers?

Would i have to create the skin from scratch or would i be able to download it or take the skin from half life 2?

Hrm -
I would recomeng riot police (I forget what they are called) model
(you'd probably have to loose the gas mask because the model wouldn't have the right texture, though you might be able to modify the appearance to make it look ok )
Use police brain, and animations the 'baton' wouldn't have the electric field on the end, but should loook ok
If you have destinations, it might (stress MIGHT) be possible to use the fire dancers batons, but they would have a red glow at the end and might look more torch-like than you wanted (again if it is even possible)

As far as the skin goed, if it is in the same layout as the ones from SimCieties you should be able to import/convert it. If not you would simply have to recolor a skin to look as close as possible (So you wouldn't have to create one from scratch either way).

jolo99

Postby jolo99 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:51 am

"Marshall694" wrote:I was wondering if anyone had created a mod which changes the police into Civil Protection officers from Half Life 2?

Here are my ideas for your Half Life 2 Mod:
You could retexture the Crime Forecast AI to make it look more like the Citadel.

You can retexture these riot trucks and make it look more like Combine APCs instead of the police cars because changing the police cars' appearance entirely would be difficult.

This is a riot truck from Simcity Societies:

You can make the riot trucks look more like this APC from Half Life 2:

You can edit the textures of the housing projects, tenements, state housing blocks and state housing projects and make them look like apartment buildings in City 17

I hope my ideas helped!
Last edited by jolo99 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Mods (Discussion)”