Basically, it's a system that targets Hippies (I hate those) and several other Special Sims. I feel that it is well within the re-texture means of the game, as well as using combinations of other idle animations and sounds from the existing files.
Let me break it down.
- BUILDING: Board of Censors (Venue)
- COST TO BUILD: 10777
- CAPACITY: Nine
- ESSENCES: -100 Spirituality, +40 Authority, -10 Productivity
- MAINTENANCE: Normal Level, 1066
- CATEGORY: Government, Media, Worship
- CLICKING SOUND EFFECT: The "HOOOOOOOOOLY" sound used in the Moral Tent Accommodation.
- BUILDING TO BE RE-TEXTURED: I want the Asylum if possible.
- DEFAULT DESCRIPTION: "A feared government agency from days long gone by, a Board of Censors imposes its morality on the media and actively counters 'sexual revolutions' and counterculture. Unlike many censor positions, the Board of Censors is an exclusively moral agency that despises the Godless authoritarians."
- SPECIAL ACTION: "Counter-Counterculture", deploys three Censors after ten visits for Sims in any mood
- SPAWN RATE: The building has a three to five percent chance of spawning five Special Sims on its own per visit, and it breaks down like this: 55% Censor, 20% Zealot, 15% Vigilante, 5% Temperance Advocate, 4% Cultist, and 1% Riot Policeman
- EFFECTS: The BOC building can only be built once. The BOC increases the chance that Special Sims spawned in the city are Temperance Advocates and Zealots. The BOC decreases the chance that Special Sims spawned in the city are Celebrities, Secret Policemen, or Hippies. The BOC decreases the chance that Travellers spawn as Burn Out. Due to the fact that the BOC assumes control of the media, it also greatly improves the chances that Travellers can be saved and rendered Converts. However, Censors themselves can not produce Converts. Lastly, the BOC greatly reduces the chance of Photojournalists spawned. (See the Censor's description for why.)
If I could, I'd want the Asylum edited from its dilapidated, broken and abandoned "Creepy" state back to a well-built, white-painted building, while retaining the shape and the fence.
Now, let's talk about the Special Sim the BOC creates: the Censor.
- NAME: Censor
- GENDER: Always male like a Street Preacher (if possible)
- DEFAULT DESCRIPTION: "A time relic from the days when immorality in the media was persecuted. This man can not tolerate sex or drugs on television and will do anything to kill it, or its advocates."
- ICON OVER HEAD: Same as Street Preacher or Temperance Advocate
- CLICKING SOUND EFFECT: The "tsk tsk" tongue clicking of a Temperance Advocate.
- IDLE DESCRIPTION: "Scanning for smut"
- IDLE ANIMATION: Slum Lord's idle animation (stooping down and clutching hands, looking around)
- IDLE/RANDOM SOUND EFFECT: The Moral Hotel Revival Tent thing's "HOOOOOOLLYY"
- IN PURSUIT DESCRIPTION: "Doing what is right"
- PURSUIT/WALKING ANIMATION: Same as Bingo Addict, but way faster
- BEATING UP DESCTIPTION: "Wrestling with vice"
- CLOTHING RETEXTURE: I can edit the Censor from the Zealot's robe, minus the Zealot's hat and adding the Street Preacher's hat. If it's possible, I'd love for the Censor to carry "Big Boomer", that giant religious book (a Bible?) that Pilgrims and Street Preachers carry.
- BEAT UP BY: If this is possible, Censors are pursued by Photojournalists. Photojournalists, being liberal student activists, advocate the freedom of journalism from people that want to keep it "clean" and "family friendly". Photojournalists are made very rare by the presence of a BOC. When a photojournalist beats up a Censor, the Censor has a chance of being reduced to becoming a Temperance Advocate instead, because the Censor is too scared to go big time anymore.
A Censor has several abilities it can utilize for its cause. The main thing it does is scope out certain Special Sims and beats them up. Censors that beat up characters will then take them to the BOC building. There, they occupy the BOC for twice as long as normal "patients" would in the Asylum, and take up two slots. After their stay in the BOC, they cease to exist.
- The first SS that a Censor targets is the Hippie. There is nothing a Censor hates more than Hippies, and these are the ones you'll see him after the most.
- The second SS a Censor targets is a Burn Out Traveller.
- The third SS a Censor targets is a Witch Doctor. (Witch doctors are considered evil and unclean influences to children.)
- The fourth SS a Censor targets is a Secret Policeman. Censors see Secret Policeman as enemies because they are Godless and use their powers to squash dissent "incorrectly". They hate and target Secret Policeman almost as much as they do Hippies.
- The fifth SS a Censor targets are Travellers that look for wild parties. I can't remember what these Travellers were, but they seek large amounts of Leisure and frequent alcoholic buildings and the Marriage Chapel.
In addition, Censors occupy certain Buildings (as do Consultants and Tycoons) or perform actions on them.
- A Censor in a Workplace reduces its productivity and monetary income but lightly Conditions its workers, while giving them large Worship satisfaction. Censors stay in buildings as long as Consultants.
- Censors occupying non-Worship Venues reduce their capacity at twice the percentage rate as a Consultant would in a Workplace. However, when present, Censors cause the building to generate large Worship satisfaction.
- Censors occupying Media buildings completely shut them down like a Temperance Advocate.
- When a Censor occupies a Liquor building, it ceases to serve all alcohol and its happiness is reduced by two, but it then begins to produce double the Worship Satisfaction it would make for non-Liquor venues. Also, when a Censor occupies a Liquor Building, it causes said building to spawn one Temperance Advocate.
- When a Censor occupies a Worship venue of any kind, it reduces the capacity at the rate of a Consultant, but raises its Attractiveness and Happiness by one.
- Lastly, Censors will target buildings like the State Amphitheater, the Dosage Facility, and other hyper-Authoritarian buildings and shut them down and cause them to spawn one Temperance Advocate.
- Censors target buildings categorized as Liquor (that sell it), as Media, as Retail which also sell Books and other information (if this is possible), and as Worship.[/INDENT]
What do you think? If I had any idea as to how to code, I'd do this myself. If I figure out how to re-skin and create custom clothes for Sims, I'll do that myself, and likewise for retexturing the Asylum.
I beseech that someone see this, if the entire site isn't dead already.
I dream of this to happen.