Need mods for SCS Destinations

For discussion and help on modding and customizing the game
Strawfrawg

Need mods for SCS Destinations

Postby Strawfrawg » Mon May 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi...I realize that the mod links have been disabled here, but I reeeally need some mods for SCS Destinations, particularly a parking garage. There was one posted here but of course I can't access it. :mad:

Would be very grateful for this mod. Private message me or email me at strawfrawg@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 pm

primitive

Postby primitive » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks Azeem. I just signed on here looking for mods as well. I'm new to SCS believe it or not, and this will be a big help. I'm glad people are still keeping this place alive for people like me who are really behind the times. I hope to learn to do my own mods soon. Looking forward to the learning process.

primitive

Postby primitive » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Sigh. Call me a loser, but first please kindly explain to me how to integrate these files into the game once downloaded. My apologies. I'm in my seventies and not as savvy at this sort of thing as I'd like to think I am! :cool:

I am using Windows 7.

primitive

Postby primitive » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Sorry. I should tell you that I downloaded the zip file to my Downloads folder for the moment. Didn't want to make a costly mistake for lack of clear understanding. Don't worry. I am a quick study. Just being careful until I get the hang of this stuff. :o

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 am

Also remember that you have to start up SCS at least once after installing the game to get the program to create mod folders. Otherwise the mods won't install. :)

primitive

Postby primitive » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly, Azeem. Looks like a post is missing though. All I see is your "Also" message, which is apparently an afterthought to something else. I hope something lengthy wasn't deleted somehow.

primitive

Postby primitive » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Let me give you a starting point for your answer, which may save some time. As I said before, I am currently housing the mod compilation zip in my regular Downloads folder. I obviously have to move it to the game's own files.

I have enabled the viewing of hidden files in my WINDOWS 7, but I am not seeing anything I can identify as "mirror files". There are folders for Electronic Arts, EA Core, SCS and Origin in the Program Data section of my hard drive. The SCS folder is totally empty. I looked everywhere in the other 3 folders -- there are no files there that look anything like a mirror of the main SCS files. In the main SCS files, I'm just seeing one set of files and folders when hidden folder viewing is activated. There is a "Data" file, as well as the "Data XP1" file that I know is associated with SCS Destinations. Other folders are named "Fonts", "Height Maps", etc. Nothing with duplicated content.

To see if I was missing something obvious, I tried "hiding" hidden files again, went back and reviewed everything, then reactivated hidden file viewing. Nope. No mirror files.

So the big question is, where should I put the zip file? I am willing to put the mod pack in the main SCS files if that is possible, knowing that I would have to reinstall the game(s) if something is awry. Would need good instructions for this.

Once the files are installed SOMEWHERE -- I have read the instructions on these forums for unpacking them and hope to heck it will work as written. Once the mods are installed, will they appear in the graphic menus like the game's original buildings, etc.?

I really do appreciate your help. I love SCS and Destinations, though they did fail to add a lot of common-sense things like parking, a pharmacy, certain common props, etc. It's been very relaxing and a lot of fun, and I can't wait to have all of this new stuff to play with. I'm even finding this drudge work interesting!
Last edited by primitive on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Once you've extracted the mod files from the zip and double-click the SCS Pack file you want to install, the process is automatic. The files won't appear in the SCS mirror folder until after you've started up SCS again after installing the Pack file.

primitive

Postby primitive » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Got it. I installed the mods pack and everything seems to be working fine from what I've seen so far. The step you didn't mention was regarding where to unpack the files from, but I found a reply to an old post in the archive that explained it. Thanks for your help, and thanks to all of the people who made these awesome mods. :)

Return to “Mods (Discussion)”