(message too short!
ust be at least 3 chars long! :eek :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 am

Sweet. Downloading.

Patched. Quick-start tutorial played.

I did notice a small graphical bug. There are three types of shrine that can be placed. You can see them all be repeatedly clicking the "shrine" button on the build menu, much like the noble townhome. There is the new shrine, recently posted, the original game shrine, and one that is sort of in the middle of the two.

That last one embeds the god statue in the archway, rather than placing it on top.

Any verification of that from anyone?
Last edited by Yahya on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Yea

Postby thegrad » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 am

Yahya; I am also patched and I tested the shrines, It looks like I can choose between 3 different ones. I chose one and then the next time I rotated until another one came up and placed it, so I think you could have all three in the same game. I haven't checked everything out, but so far we have a lot of new items to play with. Good thing it is the weekend!!!!! :D :D . I was worried that my new scenario would not work with the new Enhancement, but so far everything is still working. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:49 am

I'm jealous already, cuz I have to download while I sleep tonight.

Labs tomorrow & then delete a few thousand posts ;)

EDIT: Yeah, first screenie from Grad! :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:40 am

The site also mentions new shrubbery and fountains. How do they look? I won't be able to fiddle with this until a bit later. :o

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 am

They look great, I love the reflecting pool.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:18 am

There are also new "lesser" statues in the patch, "Lesser Isis" and "Lesser Thoth" and two new large statues "Osiris" and "Ra." The "Greater Sphinx" brick statue is joined by a "Greater Horus" brick statue. 8 Plaza types, and a number of new decorative items like "round bush", "bird bath", "reflecting pool", "statuary garden", and a few more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:40 am

Here's a few shots with some of the new tiles and decorations and the new brickyard. I love having more choices for the trees.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:29 am

Those items look really well-detailed. Now we're no longer stuck with the "Horus penguin". :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:10 pm

True about the statues and decorations. They also reorganized the menus so they weren't too long and hard to read.

thegrad, with your picture, I have seen 4 shrine types in-game, so that is awesome!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Whew Doggies!

THAT wuz interesting! :D

Patch applied perfectly (I think) & then I started the game... :eek: 1/2 hour later, the game had transfered all my game saves & snapshots (you don't wanna know how many) from D to C partition...

I still have those files on my old D partition, so they were copied & not moved. Campaign files didn't appear to be copied there, nor did scenarios.

Question ~ Do we place new downloads in the My Documents now? Does it matter?

Love the distinct Overseer commands, but the blacked out Construct steles/obelisks was kinda weird. I thought it might be related to quarrys on the map, but perhaps they are lit when I have them in storage (needs further labbing).

Sorry TM, but I hate all the alert icons being there with my bit of color problems. Can we have the old way back?

I haven't tried to play yet, but looks like a weekend of fun is ahead!

Good Stuff! Thank you! :)

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Sure do like all the purty things :) lots and lots of items to place around the city. makes it much more er...realisitic, I guess is the word. The numerous plaza types is cool, too. And, of course, more items/slots one can tweek for special things or period games :D

had a couple problems using the patch, in that I had installed the interface.tga changes...luckily I'd saved the original files, so that's all fixed.

playing going well here. looks like the people actually USE the roads now, instead of ignoring them, and they seem to be slightly quicker on them. tried a test without road to and from spot A to spot B and then WITH a road. took a couple seconds less time with the road.

the priest thing...interesting with the wives. Since there were priests with wives who helped them out in the temples in ancient Egypt, it seems appropriate :)

anywho.....looks great :)

forgot to mention the additional info when you right click mines, etc. nice.
Last edited by AnnT on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:33 pm

dl/ing now, then i need to reinstall cotn, then im going out, maybe ill get to try it tomorrow

or not...apparenlty i never unistalled cotn

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Notes after playing the Quick Start Tutorial

I have an answer to my question above. Whereas the Construct Statue/Pyramid Overseer orders are always on, Construct Stele (& I assume Obelisk) requires the granite base to be placed for those options to light up.

My absolute FAVORITE enhancement so far is clicking on a build site & it tells us how many bricks are "being brought to this site"! This is SO VERY KEWL! :D

Don't delete that last brickyard! :eek: Transfer of bricks occurs at 3 PM

Game saves show up in the My Documents folder

The Quick Start Tutorial could use a few more villagers for the Continue Play after Win Screen

Entertainers need to be available on the build menu

A slight minor display bug ~ display message still shows "waiting for stone carver" while whatever is being carved.

and where were my promised raiders? :p

Looking REAL Excellent! :)

Will Jennings

Postby Will Jennings » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:57 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Question ~ Do we place new downloads in the My Documents now? Does it matter?

You can put custom scenarios & campaigns in your user folder, yep. (It'll still work if you add them to the game folder where you used to, but a non-administrator on Vista doesn't have permission to put things there.)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Perfect! Thankx, Will!

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm

just played it for abit, and im not seeing much change, the menus got moved around abit, and we got a few new decorations, and a few more variations of the same building, maybe im just not into alternate things for the same building, but was that all this patch did?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 pm

So, having installed the patch and looked at the new features, too.

I love the plazas, statues and new decoration! Also, the brickyard makes things so much easier :) For those interested: they can hold up to 599 bricks...
Being able to assign overseers to special building projects is cool, too.

Some things puzzle me: Does any of you have a strange dark shadow when a new building is built, that doesn´t go away when it´s ready? Looks weird. I had also a blueish floor beneath the new big statues...
The new brickmaker changes the entire layout of the house when it gets upgraded. I would prefer two different types of houses that stay the way they are placed.

spicytimothy

Postby spicytimothy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 pm

The brickyard is awesome and since I started a new city I haven't played enough to try the statues... I LOVE the Pink and Red Plaza.

Hey do people walk faster on roads than paths? or both are just same speed?

Return to “General Discussion”