Another Update please with more goodies

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Imperius Leader

Another Update please with more goodies

Postby Imperius Leader » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Now that the enhanced version is out lets hope Tilted mill be bringing out some more updates....pretty please

I would like to see the introduction of the other Gods mentioned in the folder IE Khmun, Nekhbet, Udjet and Nephthys as well as bringing in new buildings and monuments like cliff tombs, paint shops, senet houses, lamp makers, inscence shops, horse ranches, irigated fields, etc

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:39 pm

It would be nice, but I think that this is probably it.

damicatz

Postby damicatz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:02 am

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19113

To start with, we have an enhanced version coming out very soon that's free to existing users, which offers some new content, a bunch of new UI and feedback, as well as some concrete gameplay changes we feel improve the game’s balance, pacing and general feel. This is primarily to make the Children of the Nile deliver better on its core innovations - organic and intuitive behaviors versus arcane and abstract rules - and to make it more accessible to a broader set of potential players.

We also have a content pack in the works, which I hope is the first of many. This will include a few new scenarios, with additional buildings and units, and some features to support the focused play of the campaign these scenarios comprise.

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 am

i feel we should have several new gods, most speciffically the mythical ones called "tilted mill" and "devs"

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:08 am

True, but I kind of view that as part of the current enhancement.

Jodet

Price?

Postby Jodet » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 pm

I wonder if these additional campaigns/features will be free patches or for fee downloads?

We shall see....

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:04 pm

As I read the announcements, it sounds to me that from now on they will be creating new content for CotN in package form. You'll get a campaign, probably built around a theme, that will include buildings and "people" that relate to that. My guess would be something along the lines of maybe a Saqara/early pyramid campaign, where you might get stepped pyramids and maybe a bent pyramid. Or one that's built on the accomplishments of Ramses. Or maybe a tomb builder one. :eek: :D

From the download direction they seem to be following, these packages would probably be available for d/l at a modest price. TM posted that they wanted to make them always worth the bread (= money in slang). TM also said it would evaluate whether to make more based on how things went. I interpreted this to mean if there's a market (sales are good for the first d/l), they'll make more. ;)

Personally, I think it was pretty cool of TM to let us have as much as they have for free, but I know that can't go on for ever. :cool: They've got to eat like the rest of us. (And bacon-wrapped hot dogs can't be cheap. :p )

Edit: The Roman city builder Imperium Romanum that was recently released did something similar. I didn't buy it, so I'm not sure how that worked out.
Last edited by Jimaaten on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodet

Postby Jodet » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm just trying to put off as long as possible the day I have to install steam on my PC. I think they (steam) and I have different ideas about doing business. Their thought seems to be, 'we tell you how great it is, you give us money, we do whatever we want'. We'll see. Maybe it will turn out slick. I don't know why I would even think that, but maybe. :rolleyes:

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:05 pm

"Jodet" wrote:I'm just trying to put off as long as possible the day I have to install steam on my PC. I think they (steam) and I have different ideas about doing business. Their thought seems to be, 'we tell you how great it is, you give us money, we do whatever we want'. We'll see. Maybe it will turn out slick. I don't know why I would even think that, but maybe. :rolleyes:

my thoughts exactly, ive heard no good of steam customer support

Jodet

Postby Jodet » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:27 pm

"osdeath" wrote:my thoughts exactly, ive heard no good of steam customer support

Makes you wonder if the game companies have any pull with steam? If they can say, 'HEY, you're selling OUR GAMES, clean up your ACT!!!!'.

I wonder.

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:28 pm

"Jodet" wrote:Makes you wonder if the game companies have any pull with steam? If they can say, 'HEY, you're selling OUR GAMES, clean up your ACT!!!!'.

I wonder.

i would suspect they must have some say, it is their game after all

edit: then again if they have a deal with steam for digital download i suspect steam can just go "no its our company, and you signed the contract/whatever"
Last edited by osdeath on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reed

Postby Reed » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:39 pm

"Jimaaten" wrote:From the download direction they seem to be following, these packages would probably be available for d/l at a modest price. TM posted that they wanted to make them always worth the bread (= money in slang). TM also said it would evaluate whether to make more based on how things went. I interpreted this to mean if there's a market (sales are good for the first d/l), they'll make more. ;)

Yep, yep, yep. Exactly.

As long as there is demand for it, we'll continue to develop CotN further. That's what we're hoping for!

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:50 pm

"Reed" wrote:Yep, yep, yep. Exactly.

As long as there is demand for it, we'll continue to develop CotN further. That's what we're hoping for!

hurrah for that!

Nyarlahotep

Postby Nyarlahotep » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:25 pm

perfect! just count me out for any holiday or "wacky" packs. . . otherwise, i'm a baker with plenty o bread

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:14 am

"Reed" wrote:Yep, yep, yep. Exactly.

Always nice to have official confirmation. ;)

I've been hanging around here since CotN came out, so I'm pretty sure whatever you all come up with I'd be willing to shell out some cash for. :cool: (I've gotten so much play out of the game, at this point I probably owe you some money anyway! :p )

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:59 pm

"Nyarlahotep" wrote:perfect! just count me out for any holiday or "wacky" packs. . . otherwise, i'm a baker with plenty o bread

oh....I dunno....One of my favorite Ceaser IV user created scenarios is Twelve Days created by Hieronymus. It's christmas based but it's super playable, very challenging and downright funny in places :)

now...that being said, I don't think I would go for dressing up Ma'at as a Snowman...or Horus as Santa! hmm...although creating all the texture files for the houses using candy canes and gingerbread men for the hieroglyphs would be entertaining!

dang....and the sphinx would be a GREAT Easter Bunny, don't you think? ;)

on a serious note...I really do hope they are doing some great campaigns/scenarios. I'll download just about anything TM puts on the site..pay or not.

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm with you all in that I'd download anything COTN related pay or not!!! And as Jimaaten stated I probably owe you money as well for all the use I've had out of this game. :)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:21 pm

I have more than made up for the cost of the game. I am finishing the campaign for the 4th time.

Any new more goodies will be most appreciated. :D

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Yep I'm also just on my 4th round of the campaign. Plus all the scenarios that I haven't gotten round to yet, plus the new enhanced version scenarios. Whoo hoo :D This might take a while - forever and ever and ever and ever.................... Plus it's nice to see some of the original forum members around ....Keith, Phil Walker's back, I'm back, now we just need Mark Duffy and the site will be complete!

Ramose

Postby Ramose » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi All,

I've read this forum since nearly the begining but i only register yesterday.

The quantity of information is awesome, thank you all.

Following Gameshark interview, the first content pack will be "Alexandria" with the Lighthouse of Pharos and the Great Library to build. There will be new material also. Does anyone know more about this content pack?

@Jimaaten : Let's hope that the stepped pyramid will be on the second pack.

Return to “General Discussion”