Next City Pack : any ideas?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Ramose

Next City Pack : any ideas?

Postby Ramose » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:03 pm

I know that Alexandria has just been released. However, does anyone get any news or information about the next City pack? What will be the city, the new buildings, etc...

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:23 pm

I don't have any information but I would LIKE to see LARGE temples added in future expansions

I mean like the Temple of Karnak and the Luxor

that and a few more burial options and tombs would be perfect :D

Ramose

Postby Ramose » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

I'd like to see saqqarah with the stepped pyramids.
But Karnak would be great with a multi-stage temple construction. Maybe you'll be able to upgrade only one part of the building and then wait for your pharao's death to continue the monument.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:35 pm

The Temple of Isis at Philae would be another beautiful addition to the game

Ramose

Postby Ramose » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:42 pm

It would be great if you can build new kind of tombs inside the rock like in the new kingdom.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm

I would like to see the cliff tombs, like they had in Pharoah. As they are still discovering in the Valley of the Kings.

CannibalBob

Postby CannibalBob » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 pm

So we should expect another expansion?

clayson4908

Postby clayson4908 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:46 pm

I would like more buildings like the great library and lighthouse -- major, multi-phase constructions, i.e. a great palace, the great temple at karnak (?); more statue options -- a large statue of each of the operating gods; and space for user created mods -- some of the COTN community are real artists with their mods.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:11 pm

...and finally fix the Failed Flood Food Bug on Hard Difficulty that gives us waaay too much food. Make it the same as Normal Difficulty, TM. ;)

if I keep begging, it might finally happen... :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:44 pm

....and Please fix it so I don't have to uninstall the Alexandria campaign to make scenarios and campaigns so that everyone can play them, not only for the ones that have the Alexandria campaign installed.

Paluska

Palusla

Postby Paluska » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:01 pm

I would like that I can look further into the game, i sit by the Nile and see my temple, but the great pyramid behind, i do not see more.

Bahahotep

Postby Bahahotep » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:41 am

Someone already mentioned it, but definitely rock cut tombs are a must add feature if you ask me. Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak projects should be included. I remember in Pharaoh that you could also build the Stepped Pyramid and Brick-Core Pyramids (not essential, but nice and flavorful).

Acu-Ra

Postby Acu-Ra » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:20 am

I would like the ability for the shopkeepers to sort of evolve with new materials and improved luxury resources... Like really develop richer methods when the right kind and amount of resources..as well as a little free time and trade. Technology upgrades....etc.

Also, the ability to bless or otherwise endow a particular building or even utility... making it special item which can improve value over time, or in some cases not. i.e. "Kufu's Staff", "Kufu's Luxury Diner", "The Eye of Alexandria"....Assuming one had a Pharaoh named Kufu or were working on the town of Alexandria or anything really, operator could bestow it. Sort of gamble with something in one's realm..like even villagers, priests, architects could do such, but the item paticularly would be of lessor or greater value/demand based on a few things. Then over time that might increase. At which point one could export and import particularly valuble items to span eternity so to speak.

This would keep in the true spirit of a Pharaoh. Creating/Increasing weath of material possessions for the long term collection all the while immortalizing them.
Last edited by Acu-Ra on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hatsen

Postby Hatsen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 pm

I would LOVE cliff tombs.

Neb-Re

Postby Neb-Re » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:31 pm

I've only had the v1.3 patch installed for a couple of months, and while the improvement in the picture is stunning, I much preferred the pre-patch labels for people and objects. If someone is dissatisfied with healthcare, I don't want to be told that it may be because there are no healthcare facilities, or no priests are opening them, or there aren't enough priests attending them to cope with the demand, or they don't have the time to attend them. Similarly if a statue isn't being built, I don't want to be told that it may be because there are no bricks, or no bricklayers, or no basalt, or no overseer, or no labourers, or no statue carver. Too much hand-holding by Nanny. I'd prefer to work it out for my self. And more fool me if I can't.

Some of the other things I would like to see have been mentioned before, but hopefully there is something original. Most of them, I'm afraid, tend towards complicating matters for the player. And I apologise if they have been implemented in some of the user-created scenarios I've not tackled yet:

When a priest, scribe and overseer leaves (or perhaps only when he leaves through dissatisfaction), his successor either chooses for himself what to dedicate himself to, or defaults to "work at all jobs / work at nearest site", rather than following in his predecessor's footsteps.

A priest, scribe or overseer can over a number of years train up his own child or another child as an acolyte, effectively a second-class graduate. So an acolyte trained by an overseer would be an overseer-in-waiting, and would compete with the graduates for any empty overseer houses, but would not be qualified to become a scribe or a priest. To really complicate matters, an acolyte could be set to only be qualified to work at those tasks he had been shown. So if an overseer acolyte's master had only ever mined gold and built statues during his "apprenticeship", if and when he succeeded in securing an overseer's house, he would only be capable of mining gold and building statues; all other options would be greyed out.

Raiders have too much respect for building sites. If you plot out the route of a wall in front of raiders, they will walk around it. Unless the wall is built, raiders, and probably traders, should ignore wall (all?) building sites, and probably delete any they pass through.

On the subject of walls, a little niggle. The tower at the end of a wall is set back half a square or so from the wall's end as plotted as a building site. The result is people doing a little dance in what looks like open ground, as they go through openings in the wall. Could this be smoothed out somehow, please?

In some scenarios, raiders are effectively bandits, and in others they are the troops of another state. In the latter case especially, I would like to see raiders add smashing statues, stele, obelisks etc. to their repertoir, hitting the player's prestige as enemy troops should, rather than just looting the palace and elite houses like common bandits and creating dissatisfaction with security. Raiders could also destroy improvements to the palace and rob tombs. Palace improvements could be rebuilt, but I wonder whether a player should be able to recover the prestige of a smashed obelisk (by rebuilding from scratch?) or a robbed tomb (Pharaoh replacing the lost grave goods?).

I have never seen a raider kill a soldier or city guard, even if he was unarmed, unarmoured, and in the case of a soldier, untrained.

I would add my voice to those asking for tomb-owners to be able to sacrifice common and luxury goods as grave goods when they have a funeral. (If nothing else, it would make tomb-robbing worth while).

People have mentioned rock cut tombs. Yes please. Presumably they would be collaborative projects involving overseers and labourers for the tunnelling, brickmakers and bricklayers creating the rooms, and perhaps stone carvers creating inscriptions. Would they all be state projects initiated by the player (like mastabas and pyramids), or could you have a private enterprise project initiated by a noble family when it had enough resources to contract with the state workforce? Or could the noble family re-deploy some of their own workforce (farmers and servants) to do some at least of the work?

And if it is a beauty contest for the building I would most like to see in the game, my vote goes to the temples at Abu Simbel.

Waterhill

Postby Waterhill » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 am

It would be cool if they added more building that are built along the river's edge. One idea could be ferry landing that your shipbuilder makes and city residents pay to use; now people can still use reed boats to get around for free but your nobles will preferr the ferry over a reed boat. Fishing peir would also add to your food store. Anther thing they could add are irrgation ditches that help improve the harvest even during a bad flood. The tomb ideas are cool toom but everyone else keeps suggusting them so I thought I suggust something different.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:31 pm

"Neb-Re" wrote:Some of the other things I would like to see have been mentioned before, but hopefully there is something original. Most of them, I'm afraid, tend towards complicating matters for the player. And I apologise if they have been implemented in some of the user-created scenarios I've not tackled yet:

Sadly, the things you want can not be influenced by using the editor. TM would have to implement these themselves. :(

Acu-Ra

The Why's

Postby Acu-Ra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:28 pm

"Neb-Re" wrote:I've only had the v1.3 patch installed for a couple of months, and while the improvement in the picture is stunning, I much preferred the pre-patch labels for people and objects. If someone is dissatisfied with healthcare, I don't want to be told that it may be because there are no healthcare facilities, or no priests are opening them, or there aren't enough priests attending them to cope with the demand, or they don't have the time to attend them. Similarly if a statue isn't being built, I don't want to be told that it may be because there are no bricks, or no bricklayers, or no basalt, or no overseer, or no labourers, or no statue carver. Too much hand-holding by Nanny. I'd prefer to work it out for my self. And more fool me if I can't.

Yes, I agree once you know such answers, it simply become too redundant.

Return to “General Discussion”