User-Created Scenario Recommendations?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
brianosaur

User-Created Scenario Recommendations?

Postby brianosaur » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:44 am

Been looking through the user-created scenario subforum and there are many of them.

I'd prefer not to read all the theads along with all their replies to find out which ones are the good, the bad or the glitchy.
I also would prefer not to just randomly download a .scn and find out half way through that it is a dud.

Could some of you regulars post a few suggestions on some of the 'better' ones?

Im hoping for something fairly hard and drawn out with out prolonged waiting for resource harvesting.
Avid trading, world map expansions and hopefully having a large monument requirement would be ideal.
Pretty much something well rounded that uses all the games abilities.

....too bad that subforum doesnt require the topics to be a poll thread with each .scn attached.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 am

Try the ones with 5 Stars

:D

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:19 am

Wot he said ... I haven't played all of them, but I'm into double figures and I've never come across a dud yet.
If it has 5 stars it'll be great.

They are all superior to the scenarios that came with the game. which is rather good news isn't it :D .

They are amazingly inventive.. Some have comic dialogues, some have many battles, some with monumental building, some are logistical mightmares, some have sabotage by enemy agents,
some have earthquakes, some have disappearing pyramids, some have cities built by monkeys, some have restricted buildings, some have amazing geography, some have choices of different stories.
Some go on ... and on...
and some don't :rolleyes:
One even has a race against time.

You pays your money and you takes your choice
Last edited by Herodotus on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:40 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Try the ones with 5 Stars

Which translates to "all of them".

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Most scenarios come with a brief description of what to expect, so if you are looking for certain things (build very large monuments, military...) read those. You can also guess which have a story behind them.

As for the five star scenarios: I know there are many, but there are many good ones, too, so I´d say they all deserve their rating. ;)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:08 pm

"Rnett" wrote:Which translates to "all of them".

You noticed?

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:08 pm

LOL I would modestly suggest any of the scenarios that I designed. ;) :p :o

My 1st five were each set consecutively from Old Kingdom to New Kingdom. Starting with White Wall, then Two Falcons, Sceptre, Viper & Prospering. The ones set in the intermediate periods are a little more militaristic, but not a lot. :)

The Grad is also very prolific and has a big "following". :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:02 pm

If you're a pure builder-type player and like a bit of history on the side, try out my "Daughter of Kings" scenario and play as Queen Hatshepsut. :D

brianosaur

Postby brianosaur » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 pm

"Rnett" wrote:[QUOTE=Tinkerbell;230274]Try the ones with 5 Stars

Which translates to "all of them".[/QUOTE]
Comon' - Now I know you guys MUST have one or two you remember as being very cool, and they just cant all be equally fantastic.
"Play the ones with 5 stars" is almost as much of a slacker statement as my, 'What should I play because Im just too lazy to read the .scn topic theads' :D

I didnt even realize the stars were actual ratings bc they seem to ALL have 5 of them.

"Jimaaten" wrote: ... Starting with White Wall, then Two Falcons, Sceptre, Viper & Prospering.....
The Grad is also very prolific and has a big "following". :D

"Azeem" wrote:If you're a pure builder-type player and like a bit of history on the side, try out my "Daughter of Kings" scenario and play as Queen Hatshepsut. :D

Tnx for the suggestions.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am

There´s a brand new "sand wars" up ;) though you should play the other two first.
And right after this I reccomend "Exile"... ;)

TombRaiderBC

Postby TombRaiderBC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 am

"brianosaur" wrote:Could some of you regulars post a few suggestions on some of the 'better' ones?

Kom Ombo, of course!

In all seriousness, it's really going to depend on your personal tastes. I toyed around with a number of the user created scenarios and some I found interesting, others I bailed on before I started... often because I simply didn't like the way the topography was designed.

I haven't played for a while. I don't remember which ones I liked or which I didn't... except for Kom Ombo, of course.

Return to “General Discussion”