1.3.01 Possible Bug

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Herodotus

1.3.01 Possible Bug

Postby Herodotus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 am

I'm finding what seems to be an intermittent bug when loading game saves. Sometimes saves appear twice and then on closer inspection it shows deleted saves. It doesn't always happen, but I suspect it is to do with the "conversion" from SEGA. and it is still reading the old files somehow and intermittently.

I'm guessing that the solution is to delete saved games in the SEGA directory but to leave all the other files intact, but I'd like some sort of confirmation first.

Edit I added a scrreny so you can see what I mean. Hopefully you will see many saves there twice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Herodotus on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

Haven't noticed that, but I'll keep a watch. 1.3.0.1 should have moved all saved files from C:\Program Files\SEGA\Immortal Cities\Data\Saved Games to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Tilted Mill\Children of the Nile\Saved Games.

Both my Data\Saved Games and Data\Scenarios directories are empty.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Howdy, Herodotus!

Yes, I have reported this elsewhere.

When you patched to 1.3/1.3.01, the patch copied (not moved) files from Game files to My Documents. There were a few problems with patch 1.3 ;)

Your image is trying to load a save "In Scenario", so you see both Game files & also My Documents, hence the duplicates. If I tried to load a file in game saves from your screen, it would crash (the other of the duplicate in My Docs would load). However, that was with only 1.3 & I fixed my files by a lot of deletions before applying patch 1.3.01. Perhaps 1.3.01 fixed this (the crashing part), but it looks like you still have duplicates.

My solution is to never load a save "in Scenario", but to back out to the COTN Main Menu & load via that option. This way, you only get the single My Docs saves that the game now creates. The game no longer uses Game files for save creation. It uses My Docs.

Also, I decided what old saves to keep in Game files & deleted the duplicates there. If I had more memory on my tiny C Partition, my Game files save folder would be empty by deleting all of them there. I now use Game files only for backup storage, moving My Docs files there to keep memory on my C Partition.

Disclaimer: This is for XP. I make no claims about Vista, since I don't have Vista.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks.
I deleted all the saves in the old Sega/Saves directory and that seems to have fixed it even "in scenario".

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:04 pm

"Herodotus" wrote:Thanks.
I deleted all the saves in the old Sega/Saves directory and that seems to have fixed it even "in scenario".

Ayep! ;)

Return to “General Discussion”