The your favourite city screens thread

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Min

The your favourite city screens thread

Postby Min » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:26 am

Basically share with us some of your favourite screens from your cities :D

(Dont forget to tell us which scenario/compaign mission it is)

This is one from the Bubastis campaign mission, I really liked the map so I keep coming back and adding to it :rolleyes: :D And I think the Pyramids and the Palace look awesome against the evening sky)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 am

Pretty. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 am

My most recent pitiful addition. This is my attempt to convert Acu-Ra's Dakhla Oasis: The Dawn of Egypt User Created Scenario to an Alexandria .scn in the Lab & produce a Win Screen requiring both Great Works & a Pyramid, along with a complete World Map, while keeping the flavor of the original untouched. It is still a work in progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:09 pm

I don't have any really good city screens, because my computer won't take it. :D

But here is one of an industrial area, followed by a night shot of my favorite pyramid mod on my Men-Nefer pyramid.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 am

I've been to tailgater's but never to a fishing party. :D

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:27 am

An older city of mine...

TomF

Postby TomF » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Possibly the first half-decent city I built. Note the nice temples and trees. Sorry for the extortionate amounts of pictures I couldn't find one the best captured the city.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Howdy again, TomF!

You really should be using more common shops.

Your Worship Red Alert on your Admin Report is due to you not building shines to every god, not enough priests (dedicated priests work better) & keeping them lit up most of the time. Worship is the toughest part for New Players to master. It will come.

A Health Center is both a hospital & an apothecary with a dedicated Health Priest in the middle, all very close to each other. You are missing one of them.

I also see blockage & some wrongly turned buildings, but most are fine. Every building should be properly turned (click-hold-drag while placing or use the R key). Every building should have a road or space in front of their front door. Most buildings will still work, but not as well.

Looking good! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TomF

Postby TomF » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks for the feed back I will implement this in my next city.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice screenies! Just in case you didn't know, you could use more preists. With shrines they are in and out quick and one preist can handle 8 shrines. For a temple they will stay for a longer period of time and for a cult temple they will stay longer. Can't too many preists. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:00 pm

"tobing" wrote:An older city of mine...

Older? LOL

Those are beta images from 2004

...note the temples...

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 pm

so you are saying his pics of ancient Egypt are...ancient?

lol, great screens everyone. I love seeing how others design thier cities. I don't have any screens to share at the moment myself. I'll take a few later.

Return to “General Discussion”