In Giza - cannot invade Buhen

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
The Sage Nabooru

In Giza - cannot invade Buhen

Postby The Sage Nabooru » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 pm

I've fought the Libyans and the Bedouins, but even though I have all the neccessary supplies, and the place is featured on the map, I am not able to ivade Buhen/Nubia, the screen is there but the button is not. I could really use that gold!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Howdy again, The Sage Nabooru!

There are two different types of military World Map sites. Open & Attack.

Buhen is an Open site & you can tell since it has no attack screen. You won't get the hand until you exactly match or exceed the specific soldier type numbers by mousing-over the soldier on the WM site..

You have plenty of spearmen, but only 33/40 archers. Change some City Guard to archers & the hand will appear. When you open, you still keep the soldiers (which is kinda weird ;) ). There is no battle involved with this site.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Tis simply a way for the designer to force you to build x number of y soldiers. :cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 am

"tomnobles" wrote:Tis simply a way for the designer to force you to build x number of y soldiers. :cool:

That's definitely one way to look at it!

Personally, I have always considered not consuming the soldiers with an Open site a bug. ;) One can argue that a Open site is only a "Show the Flag" site & the defenders immediately surrender & run away like cowards. :D

...and we don't take enough casualties on Attack sites, either...<cries>...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 pm

I don't know if this is my Giza scenario, but when I design scenarios in the Old Kingdom, I usually think of Buhen as a site to create a fort rather than an existing structure to be taken by force. So I figure the player needs to show the locals that you are able to defend it and upkeep it. That is why I usually require soldiers and food for opening those sites rather than an attack requirement.

I tend to use the soldiers for another reason. I don't like scenarios where you get near the end and suddenly there's a site that requires you to have 100 of each type of soldier, without any prior need. So, I like to have sites along the way to the end game that gradually call for ever larger armies to be built. LOL People who don't care for it are free to create their own scenarios. :p ;) :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:04 pm

"Jimaaten" wrote:People who don't care for it are free to create their own scenarios. :p ;) :D

...good answer...

:D

Return to “General Discussion”