A brilliant idea!

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
MoonHeart

A brilliant idea!

Postby MoonHeart » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Ok, so back in Ancient Egypt they did not have just true pyramids right? Right! They had the Step Pyramid, The Red Pyramid, and one the most beautiful pyramids of all time (before the romans) Djedefre's Pyramid with granite at the base and gold at the top. So why does Cotn have just true pyramids? I think we should have all of the pyramids. Also for granite ones I think there should be a new type of granite called Granite Slabs. Just square, flat, pecises of granite to put on the pyramids. And the requirements for the pyramids should be...

Step Pyramid
-4000 bricks

Red Pyramid
-200 granite slabs
-50 limestone

Djedefre's Pyramid
-100 limestone
-75 fine limestone
-150 gold
-25 granite slabs

So what do you think? :D

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:55 am

I would love to have more pyramids (and other stuff, like burial temples and cliff tombs).

Time for a new expansion pack, eh TM? ;)

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:17 pm

IIRC, that before COTN was released there was some discussion amongst the board members about the types of pyramids and monuments we'd like to see. The gold cap for the pyramid has been mentioned many times.

Why the TM decided on the pyramids we have and no others is not known, but it was probably related to budget, since COTN, at the time, was being developed by TM independently and didn't have the backing of a big game publisher.

I would have liked to have seen more types. Unless TM releases another update to COTN, it seems unlikely to happen.
Last edited by Keith on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 pm

There is plenty of room for another COTN city pack (so TM can also fix the Failed Flood Too-Much-Food-on Hard Bug) to give us more building options, especially since Alexandria added metals, gems, basalt & cedar to Great Works. This is all that was necessary to lay the construction foundations.

In the meantime, we can use the World Map to build these additional pyramid types in User-Created Scenarios. We just have to save up all the building materials to open the pyramid site or use for burial goods. We even have a stepped pyramid icon!

Return to “General Discussion”