Finished the tutorial now what?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Skye

Finished the tutorial now what?

Postby Skye » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Right I finished the tutorial which took forever, but I don't quite know where to start. If a do the easy challenge will I have to do too much because I can't remember half of what I learnt. Any suggestions please. I would like to do just a sandbox without any challenges really, are there any?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Howdy again, Skye!

I always suggest that New Players play Son of Ra "sandbox" scenario in your "Play a scenario" section on the COTN Main Menu after replaying the tutorials a few times. I definitely suggest that you play all 4 tutorials more than once, starting from the beginning each time through.

The only difference between a sandbox & a normal COTN scenario is the Win Screen. You still get a full World Map to explore. Normal scenarios have Continue Play after the Win Screen so they become a "sandbox" anyway.

Son of Ra begins with 300 villagers & has plenty of room to build, so you can build big & not have to worry about running outta villagers. It has a FULL World Map with everything possible. The city map itself has every mine & quarry, so you can really kick the tires of the game.

After Son of Ra hit the Campaign & play them in order. All 5 easy cities, then start the campaign over & do the 5 moderate cities & finally a 3rd run through the campaign with the 5 hard cities.

Remember to always Continue Play after the win screen to complete the World Map, or you really miss a lot.

Then play the Alexandria XPac.

Good Luck!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skye

Postby Skye » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanks, There are only 3 tutorials that I can see. So I ought to play them another 3 tiimes, which i guess is a good idea, but I suppose I could move around different, because to be honest it was a bit of a mess. I did look at the Scenarios, but the ones I looked at were hard ones, so I gave up looking. I think it a good idea too as you say to carry on with a scenario. I have been playing CivCity Rome, but I think this is much better and am really enjoying it, and I am considering buying Alexandria if it is not a zip file.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 pm

With enhanced patch v1.3.01 TM added a 4th "Quick Start" tutorial to the tutorial 1, 2 & 3 that came with the original game. 4 total times each is probably a bit too much. ;) At least twice I would suggest.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:20 am

"Skye" wrote:...There are only 3 tutorials that I can see. So I ought to play them another 3 tiimes,....

After you play the tutorials a few times and understand how the game works, try the campaign. There's three levels with five teirs or five scenarios each on easy, medium and hard. While CCR's campaign is actually a tutorial, CotN's is a challange.

Skye

Postby Skye » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:36 am

CCR campaigne! I am sorry I don't understand what you mean.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Civ City Rome

:)

Skye

Postby Skye » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 am

Ah, I get it now. I play CCR, but I rather have COTN. I am getting near to the end of the tutorial's now, but this time I made a few notes.

Flammehav

Postby Flammehav » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Playing the tutorial 2 times should be more than enough. I only played them once before starting the first easy scenario in the campaign( I had played the 2 scenarios you could download once or twice though).

When you choose an easy scenario in the beginning of the campaign is not that hard, just set the setting to easy too, and not hard. Just like in other city building games, you just plunk down some houses and industries and hope for the best and then you gradually learn the game as you play. Much more fun than playing the same limited scenarios over and over again.

In addition it's very hard to really fail in this game, especially when there is no enemy raiders coming to your city. As long as you got enough food, and 2-3 priests working, you will never really get any real problems.

Return to “General Discussion”