Trying to play Son of Ra

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Skye

Trying to play Son of Ra

Postby Skye » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I am getting nowhere with this. I am unable to build anything as there are no bricks etc. I have tried to place farmhouses but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong. I tried to place a Townhouse, but that was no good either. Sorry a bit dumb. I built the palace now, so I think I am OK. Thought I had to have bricks.
Last edited by Skye on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Howdy again, Skye!

I almost added as a warning in your other thread, that you cannot farm from the central island cuz farmers will refuse to cross the Nile to plant fields. ;) Place your farmers on either one side of the Nile or another, along with your city (or just the farmers as a remote farming city).

It is best when deciding where to place your city, to use the very center of a scenario map (to be able to cut down the distance to quarries & mines) & also close to the best & largest floodplain that there is. Usually, in the canned scenarios/campaign maps, to use TM's suggestion by using the spot where the camera begins when you start the scenario. TM gave us this useful hint. Of course, you can build anywhere you like.

You will also need to place many brickmakers in this game. I start each scenario with at least 8 brickmakers, 12 if the scenario starts with lots of villagers. I used to use up to 20 & even a remote brickmaking city later in a scenario, but that many is no longer necessary with v1.3.01.

COTN ~ FOOD, bricks & prestige
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skye

Postby Skye » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have got it up and running now, and going through each bit at a time. I made some notes from the tutorial so I am following that. It was odd really and stupid of me. I went back into the first tutorial and realized there were no bricks and the villigers built the palace. I daresay I will get the hang of it. I can envisage that this map is going to take me a long time, which I like. No doubt I shall knock a few buildings down and replace them in a better position as I advance.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am

Private homes (and the Palace) don't need any starting bricks. It's the civic buildings that need bricks. There's no pressure to get anything done in the "Son of Ra" map, so take your time in figuring out the basics. ;)

Skye

Postby Skye » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Azeem. I realize that now. So it is going OK

Return to “General Discussion”