Does the Enhanced Edition patch fix the failed harvest at Hard Difficulty?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Fistleaf

Does the Enhanced Edition patch fix the failed harvest at Hard Difficulty?

Postby Fistleaf » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:24 pm

I remember there were some labs (probably by MarkDuffy) showing that failed harvests actually provide more food at Hard difficulty than at Normal. Is this resolved in the patch? The patch details did mention something about the flood harvest but I am not sure whether it is referring to this issue.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

According to Tinkerbells whining, the bug is still in effect... :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:According to Tinkerbells whining, the bug is still in effect... :rolleyes:

LOL !!! :D

...dat's a fact, Jackie!...<g>...keeps begging TM for the next XPac...

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 pm

i wanted to know wy i have so much food ! i realize now it's coz i am playing level hard! thx dudes! ...so hard is not so hard eh :eek:

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Well, depends. More food (if you have a couple of bad floods), but way less elite workers. Depending on the scenario, maybe even more raiders or something.
So, if you just want to build small, it probaly isn't that hard. If you want to reach a goal fast, it may be very difficult.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 am

as i understand at lvl hard u always get more food... i recently started to play hard and i noticed that also.

here is the reference by markduffy about the failed flood bug in hard lvl.

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12891

after reading it i wonder if will be better to play at normal again.?

regards
:)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm

As I said, it depends on various things, like what scenario you are playing, what style you play, etc.

It's just that it's fairly easy in CotN to get more food (just build more nobles and farmers), but it's harder to get more educates, since they depend on prestige, and this is often not that easy to get, especially without a certain number of elites to begin with. You always need minimum 4 priests, and 2 or more scribes for your city to function, and then you'll need more than one overseer to build pyramids or statues for prestige, often more than one commander to conquer enemy sites and so on. If you want to build pyramids, you will have to spend quite a few game years to even be able to start with mining limestone, because it takes a while to gather enough prestige for enough elites to have one spare for an overseer.

As you are new to the game, I would recommend you try both difficulties in various scenarios, so you can find what suits your game style better. You'll see that there is no easy "yes" or "no" answer to your question.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm

i am back to normal lvl, i found out again i have less food, and with the same amount of educated workers more problems about health and religion... but i have more slot for educated workers, if u those slots the problems r solved.

it seems is easier to get educated workers at normal, but seems getting worse if u dont use more of them.

on the other hand:

on lvl hard, u have plenty of food but prestige is dificult at start.

just an opinion., till now.

as said by markduffy maybe is just 2 differents ways to play.
greetings!! :confused:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Many seemingly unrelated problems are solved with food, including health & worship.

No food, no wares.

This is why the failed flood food bug on hard is soooo very terrible. Waaay too much food on Hard.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm

actually i found harder to play at normal now ! lol :eek:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 am

"NobleSeth" wrote:actually i found harder to play at normal now ! lol :eek:

Cannot agree with you there. You just haven't played with lots of required Educated Workers yet, especially with villagers being limited.

The User-Created section is now full of spawned villagers & that totally makes the game very easy.

Return to “General Discussion”