Villagers

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Asimoff

Villagers

Postby Asimoff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 am

what can you do when you run out of villagers ?

is there any way to increase the number of villagers ?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Depends a little on what scenario you are playing, but most of the time: no.

If you ran out, you can get new residents only through waiting for your CotNizens to get children. Make sure you have always enough farmers, because they get the most children.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Howdy, Asimoff!

Our cities are mainly populated by farmer's children. Everyone has babies except for Priests & soldiers. However, there is also the need to move up in class. We have many farmers, they have tons of children & they are on the bottom of the class scale along with servants & laborers.

When you run outta villagers, just stop building higher class homes & only add farmers for more childbirth. Their children will populate your other homes. It would help if you delete high class unpopulated homes, cuz they will cause your farmers to depopulate to move into them.

Your initial villagers should always be spent on mainly farmers for this reason.

We have no evidence that villagers make more villagers. However, when your farmers have the three max children, they will evict the 4th child who will become a villager IF there is no other home for them to populate.

Deleting farmers, servants & laborers will also result in new villagers, if they are happy. However, again, we would never want to delete farmers. ;)

Basically, if your building rate exceeds your rate of city childbirth, you will lose villagers. Farmer children come from food, wares & happiness.

Sooo, if you run outta villagers, just wait (stop building) & your homes will be populated in time. I run outta villagers all the time. I claim the COTN speed record to do it too! :D AND, it doesn't matter at all!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Asimoff

Postby Asimoff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 pm

thank you Tinkerbell, a very informed response. :)

Laclongquan

Postby Laclongquan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:05 am

So no quick method to increase? Dang!

ware + food + happyness = farmer children.

So the Edict to release foods is one good way to increase that?

And set shrine to Amun (peasant's god), Isis (wives' god), and bast (fecundity) is the way to go?

And holy bovine! look at the set of common shops supplied our peasants: 160+ food in the house? they are richer than newly come Nobles.

Kilash

Postby Kilash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 pm

^I got 500 food pile on a mat maker once, but it was servicing about a quarter of my city and was always on "no mats for sale".

By the way, is there a way to pull up population number on a sandbox map?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 pm

"Kilash" wrote:By the way, is there a way to pull up population number on a sandbox map?

Nope, sorry.

A good guess is to add up all classes on your People Report & multiply by 3.2. Then add in soldiers & priests. Don't count the right hand stuff like graduates, envoys, villagers, vagrants.

Kilash

Postby Kilash » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 am

"tinkerbell" wrote:nope, sorry.

A good guess is to add up all classes on your people report & multiply by 3.2. Then add in soldiers & priests. Don't count the right hand stuff like graduates, envoys, villagers, vagrants.

3.2?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 am

"Kilash" wrote:3.2?

3.2 = husband, wife & 1.2 kids average

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

"Kilash" wrote:^I got 500 food pile on a mat maker once, but it was servicing about a quarter of my city and was always on "no mats for sale".

By the way, is there a way to pull up population number on a sandbox map?

I have made a few sandboxes with an unconditional win but, the only other way would be to multiply total population by 3. That will give you an approximation.
Last edited by tomnobles on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”