Caught a Name Change in the act.

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Sherikiya

Caught a Name Change in the act.

Postby Sherikiya » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:33 am

I was running a routine check on all my inhabitants to see if they had any new children or other changes. Clicked on one noble house and saw it had a new family name. All family members were out of the house at that moment so was able to check them individually. Every one of them had their original name. Next time I checked the family the husband still retained his original name but wife and child had the new family name.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on here?

I've had a couple of dozen of these inexplicable name changes since beginning Nekhen. I can identify the ones that occur as a result of death and remarriage. Those change the first name also. But why change the surname of wife and children? Is this a glitch in the game?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:38 am

"Sherikiya" wrote: I can identify the ones that occur as a result of death and remarriage. Those change the first name also. But why change the surname of wife and children? Is this a glitch in the game?

Maybe she takes on her maiden name again?! :confused:
But I guess it's just a glitch.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:34 pm

I have noticed that the female will move to a new house if her husband dies and a house is available (Commander died left only wife in house. Later - graduate moved into Scribe house and commanders wife followed), never looked at names that close though.

Maybe something like this happened. Not sure about the child though. Probably a glitch as sakasiru mentioned. Sounds like a good lab for Tink. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Women are very fickle in COTN & can leave husband at any time, especially for better husband. <ducking>

:D

...but glitches in family history?...yeah, a few types of those...

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Women are very fickle in COTN & can leave husband at any time, especially for better husband.

How very progressive! They learned that centuries ago? How did they forget such an important lesson? ;)

Sherikiya

Postby Sherikiya » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Nobody left the house. Husband's name did not change. Name of house changed first while names of all inhabitants remained the same. Only later did the surnames of wife and children change. Husband's name never changed.

Okay, since no one seems to know what is supposed to be happening I will assume it is a glitch and just change the names back when I see it.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 pm

can u upload the saved game? with the zoom close to the house? :)

Sherikiya

Postby Sherikiya » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 am

'Fraid not. Never occurred to me to save at the time I first noticed the name change. I try to save once a year with an extra if I quit between years but I didn't even note which year it was in. Guess I could go back and see if any of the saves caught it. What would you look for in the house? All family members were out of the house at the time or I would not have been able to check their names to see that they all still had their original surname despite the house name having changed.

Return to “General Discussion”