Differences Between CD Editions

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Nameraka

Differences Between CD Editions

Postby Nameraka » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

Hi.

There are three different editions listed on Amazon for the CotN CD: Myelin Media's, Sold Out Software's, and PCGamer's distributions. Depending on which seller I get it from, some of these editions are cheaper than others.

I'm wondering what the differences between these are. Anything goes - packaging, manuals, extras, CD, or the game itself (there's a patch, though, so I'm not too worried about this last part).

So... any takers? :D

Thanks in advance!

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 am

I believe any CD version will be the same with or without updates.

As far as manuals and a box I have no ideas, you will need to check the fine print.

good luck!

One thing to keep in mind is that if your going to get Alexandria anyway, you should get the download version because Alexandria is only available via D/L.

Impulse has a sale this weekend, CoTN Enhanced and Alexandria Only $15.99
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W143
:cool:

Nameraka

Postby Nameraka » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm

I forgot about this thread. :o

Thanks for answering, PantherX. I'll probably eventually get Alexandria through one of the online services, but I'm the kind of person who likes playing with tangibles, so I wanted to at least get the main game on disc.

I caved and got the Myelin jewel case...

For anyone who might stumble across this thread later on:

- The jewel case has no manual, but it's all on the disc anyway. :3

- I got another game in the Sold Out Software case, and it seems they added their own installer on the disc as well as a splash/AutoPlay screen that advertises their other stuff.

Captain Sparky

Postby Captain Sparky » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:20 am

Just my two cents, in case its helpful to somebody!

The UK/Euro "PCGamer" and "Sold Out Software" CotN versions are identical barring a custom splash screen/installer. Both are sold by Mastertronic (their £10 and £5 budget ranges respectively).

Its the UK/Euro CoTN - 2 CD's, the 1.2 patch and a .PDF manual included.

I own the "Sold Out Software" CoTN myself, updated to 1.3.1.
Last edited by Captain Sparky on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kilash

Postby Kilash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Cotn is 16 bucks now? I remember buying the game for full retail price when it came out for $34.99 ><!

Nameraka

Postby Nameraka » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

"Kilash" wrote:Cotn is 16 bucks now? I remember buying the game for full retail price when it came out for $34.99 ><!

I got my copy new, jewel case only, for about $20. The Marketplace sellers on Amazon are still selling the boxed copies for about that much, though other "distributions" do run cheaper.

Someone else on the forum got theirs at a book fair for only $5. o_O

Return to “General Discussion”