Why is this game so easy?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere

Do you think this is a very easy game?

Yes, definitely. I just wanna slam the door over my fingers so that I can have some challenge
50%
Somewhat easy, I mean I concentrate more when I go to the toilet as to not take a dump on the floor.
13%
Somewhat difficult, why do you ask? By the way can someone tell me how to get to the main menu?
13%
No, its hard as hell, I should go back to Mario (God that Princess is so hot)
25%

Total votes: 8

Yoxo

Postby Yoxo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:07 am

Right well, thanks to everyone for the replies; you got your opinions, I have mine. The productivity of this thread seems to have stopped so I will consider it as closed.
Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions.
Take care

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:32 am

We have an excellent COTN editor, Yoxo.

I can destroy your city, take your bread & goods, cause your people to become criminals, invade you, make everyone in your city mad as hell and easily make you lose badly. ;)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 am

Well, you asked for our opinions. If you decide to stay with your own, why bother? We're not here to sell you this game, we just have fun with it and want to share it. But I'm not really sure what you expect of us? You said you don't want to play it fully, you said you don't want to hear that you should go play another game, but you also don't want to really engage with it. What is it you wanted when you opened this thread in the first place? People come out and say "Oh, now that you mention it, this game is boring as hell"? Won't happen, I assure you ;)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 pm

I should have left up my post from last night. :confused:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:53 pm

"Yahya" wrote:I should have left up my post from last night. :confused:

LOL Yahya!

COTN is all about the scenariomaker. We can make em easy or we can make em very hard or even impossible.

:D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Indeed. I even said that. He easily could have gotten someone to make him one, or even made one himself.

Remainder redacted again.
Last edited by Yahya on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am

"Yahya" wrote: He easily could have gotten someone to make him one, or even made one himself.

You're right. Well, I think I'll write one anyway, sounds like fun.
Can a true sandbox have events, or do I have to do it all with the worldmap?

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Yes, it can. The only thing that makes it a "sandbox" is the removal of goals, making the scenario open-ended. You can put in whatever triggers you want.

So, for example, you can make it possible to lose but impossible to win.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

"Yahya" wrote:So, for example, you can make it possible to lose but impossible to win.

HeHe

:D

Baleur

Postby Baleur » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 am

I play this game from time to time because i love ancient egypt, and watching a whole city scutter about, doing their business.
I do NOT play it for a challenge or to increase my e-peen confidence, other games do that far better than builder-games.

Spearthrower

Postby Spearthrower » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:43 am

"Yoxo" wrote:So they just took a cool city builder idea (old Pharaoh) they added graphics cause obviously we aint in 2000 anymore, they took away money, they took away the city planing, they took away A LOT of stuff.
Let me ask you this: what did they add? why would this game be better (apart from the graphics) then Pharaoh? Imo they didnt evolve, they went lower this time.

Sorry to reply such a long time after the fact, but I absolutely adore CotN. It's a game in its own genre. The thing this game does differently than all else is not its complexity, its graphics, its challenge - it's a society builder, where you feel you are making a vibrant society from the ground up. It will always rank as one of my favourite games and I truly hope that TM will one day get round to building on this ingenious concept and developing the society builder genre up with new editions!

Thanks
Spear

Luke159

Postby Luke159 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 am

Yoxo there are many building games on the market all are very similar to one another. COTN for me is far different from anything i have played, take SC 4k for example the sims would moan because work is to far yet there could be jobs just across the road from them or some kind of public transport to get them to work such as taxi's, trains etc etc. But still they moan. COTN takes all that out and gives puts the person in charge of all that. I fully recomend you watch the strategy vidoe's as that will give you a more indepth idea of what was done and why.

I have moded games because i felt they was not as realistic as they could have been, i have helped others do the same. COTN to me is perfect the way it is, normally after a few weeks of playing a game i'm looking at the files and learning how the files work etc and then changing things around to see the effects those changes have made, in COTN i have not once gone to the files and looked at them, i couldn't even tell you what formatt the files are in.

Its obvious that COTN has something you like otherwise you wouldn't be playing the game still, no game developer can please everyone just like you can't please every person in COTN. The idea of the game isn't to be micromanaging your buildings and having them fixed every few minutes because of some disaster, last night i left the game running and went to sleep when i woke up i turned the monitor on to see what had happened and apart from a few pharoh's who had died nothing had changed. Now some people might say thats a bad thing but then look at RL, you go to the town or shops buy your food and other things, you can have them delivered if you like in COTN the people go out and purchase there goods or they use servants to do it for them so they can do more impoertant things like lux shopkeepers building there goods to sell.

In my current game i have 10 nobal homes and a around them they have lux shops and servants but a few nobals are still saying they don't have enough wears but all the shops have some ready to sell. I demolished the only shrine i had and replanned so i could put 1 shrine for each god, everyone was upset because they couldn't attend to the gods but they didn't leave. The shrines was all built and all the people was still there afterwards, they had to wait a few years because i hadn't got enough bricks on hand.

You say bricks are free, yes they are free however Egyptions made there own bricks aswell which was almost free no? you pay the brick makers food they build brick, you pay the brick layers to transport the bricks. When the farmers have cut there farms and dropped the food off at the thresh hold the food is dirstubuted between your people and the pharoh. This is in a sence payment to them, yes this could have been made different in that the more work a single household made the more they would recieve but that would have taken a lot of work to implement, for me COTN is a perfect game to build off of and if you look at most building games they have a big hit for a few months maybe years then they are put on the shelves and never played again, COTN is one game that people put down and after a while play again, it might be till they have built a single city or they might play any new maps that have been created.

Look at Stronghold 2, that is still going both online and for those who like single player, Rome Total war is still going again both single player and online, even mods are still been released for it. Many of the fans of RTW say RTW is better than Empire Total War, that say's a lot to me. These games that have not faided away are signs of how good they are, so why mock something that is obviously better than almost all building games available at the moment.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 am

btw, the very hard sandbox scenario is ready ;)
http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26105

Return to “General Discussion”