Newbie friendly?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Gargantou

Newbie friendly?

Postby Gargantou » Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I was wondering how newbie friendly this game is, got it on Steam a few years back because it looked interesting but then things cropped up so I never got around to playing it.

So now I was wondering, is it possible to get into and playing this game only through the manual and the in-game tutorial, or is it one of those games that one also has to read online guides to have a chance of getting decent at?

As for my 'skill'-level in this genre, I'm only used to the Tropico games in the city-building genre.

Reason I ask this perhaps silly question is because my gaming time is fairly limited these days so I'd prefer to portion it out to games that don't require excessive out of game 'knowledge'-hunting.

Thanks for any helpful replies!

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Easy Peasy!

The in-game tutorials will step you through everything you need to know. Play through them all and when you get stumped you can do them again. One of the best things about CoTN is that every time you play a specific city it is different. It's almost impossible to build the same city twice.

After that if you want more details the manual has good information, The forums are your best source of more information if you feel you need it but i think most people do not.

:cool:
:cool:

Gargantou

Postby Gargantou » Sat May 29, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks you for the helpful reply!

Looking forward to dive into the game, even though I'm certain I will have my cities collapse a few times. ;)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat May 29, 2010 10:09 am

Well, I'm sure you won't! :) It isn't easy to collapse a city in CotN! :eek: Will need a lot of experience :p

Enjoy the game!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Howdy, Gargantou!

Good Luck with the game! If you have any questions, just ask away.

Have fun! :)

Luke159

Postby Luke159 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Hey Gargantou.

The tutorials are very indepth and will aid you through the game also playing a sandbox or easy sonario will help you to put what you have learned to the test. If you find yourself unsure about a building or its needs hit the F1 button to open a page which is almost like a ingame manual, very helpfull and can save you a lot of time.

Return to “General Discussion”