can't get a screenshot/snapshot

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
texasmine

can't get a screenshot/snapshot

Postby texasmine » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm

I haven't tried a screenshot/snapshot in years and cannot remember how to do it. I've tried the F9 and Print Screen keys, but the photo doesn't show up in either the CoN snapshot folder or the Accessories/Paint folder. I've pressed the snapshot key on the CoN scenario interface, but cannot find the picture anywhere.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Here's the full list of Hot Keys:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Keith on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:46 am

Maybe you are supposed to paste the screenshot into your preferred graphics program like:

In the game press F9, then open say MSPaint and paste (Ctrl+V) the picture into MSPaint. You can then save the picture where you like. If it's for online use, remember to save as JPEG.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 am

Yes, as PCDania states, the screenshot function only puts the image in your computer's clipboard memory. You have to paste it from there into a graphics program like MSPaint, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Then save the image from there to your hard drive.

Janmar

Postby Janmar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:32 pm

When I do a snapshot within the game it saves it to C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tilted Mill\Children of the Nile\Snapshots

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:29 pm

You know you are right. I forgot that COTN saves screenshot files. The default screenshot format is BMP.

texasmine

Thanks, Keith

Postby texasmine » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 pm

I had tried everything except the Shift+F9, but still no go. Walked away in a huff, but decided to give it another go at finding the snapshots by using a search. I found them....just not in the CoN snapshot folder. Thanks, Keith, for always being a reliable resource.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

If you have a early disc copy of the game installed (without Alexandria), the original game stored it's snaps in the \Snapshot folder inside the main Children of the Nile install folder.

If you have a version of the game from STEAM you have to look in your MyDocuments folder for a Tilted Mill \Children of the Nile\Snapshot folder.

In Windows 8 & 8.1 (and probably Win 7) the folder you want is the Documents\Tilted Mill\Children of the Nile\Snapshots folder located under your Windows USERS account name.

Glad you found them. :)

Return to “General Discussion”