'more educated workers' mod uploaded

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Jytte

'more educated workers' mod uploaded

Postby Jytte » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Hello All,

I'm new to Cotn. I'm also not much of a gamer, but I just loooove to build. I just can't seem to stop building, and then run out of educated workers for the city to run smoothly and keep everybody happy. I looked eeeeeverywhere for a solution, and found several mods had been made way back when by different people. Unfortunately none are there for download anymore, except for dharthoorn's mod on cotn.heavengames, and that maxes out at 50. Not nearly enough for a big city :) I was about to despair, then thought 'well, somebody made mods, why can't I?' I did some programming way back in the 80's, so how hard can this be? Well, I started sniffing at the file in question, and googling all kinds of information. Geeeeez, how the world has changed :lol: , but I guess a hex is a hex no matter how old it or I get, so I cracked it open and made the changes necessary. Tested thoroughly, and it works like a charm. It ups each level 5 times on ew's, up to max 175 (normal) / 125 (hard). That's all.

As this place doesn't seem stable enough to upload anything, I uploaded it to cotn.heavengames.com. It's called 'Educated workers x5'.
Over there I'm Ubekhet, because I forgot to use that name when registering here (duh), but after this I think I'll change my alias to 'grandma hacker' :lol:

Meanwhile I uploaded it to my own server as well: dbPrestigeLevels.dat
(and that link DOES work)

Installation;
1. Backup your original dbPrestigeLevels.dat located in the db folder
2. Overwrite with this mod.

Last edited by Jytte on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Re: 'more educated workers' mod uploaded

Postby Yahya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:19 am

Well done! I remember seeing those numbers now. Glad you figured it out.

Jytte

Re: 'more educated workers' mod uploaded

Postby Jytte » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:44 am

It is now available on heavengames: http://cotn.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3668

Have fun :)
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Return to “General Discussion”