An 'open ended' Cotn?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Jytte

An 'open ended' Cotn?

Postby Jytte » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 pm

I was always fascinated with ancient Egypt and ancient Rome. Having found Cotn is really fun. I find that having a city of my own creation crawling with people who run round and do their thing weirdly fascinating. The somewhat dated graphics don't bother me. The limitation will eventually. I'm way behind time of course only having 'discovered' this now in 2015. Most other people have long since moved on. And I can see why. I guess you can only play the same game, and build so many cities with the same 7-odd houses, even with a few pyramids thrown in, before it gets old.

Any of you know Trainz from Auran? It's even 'older' having started out in 2001. I got started on that around 2008, because my husband likes trains. I could care less about driving, but the fact that you could make your own content (gmax) for your own maps was tremendously fun. I'd build, he'd drive :lol: The trainz community didn't run out of speed. It's a very active community with thousand upon thousands of user created content to download. This thing is truly limitless.

Now, can somebody PLEASE make a mix of the wonderful little world of AI's from/like Cotn and the open-endedness of Trainz? I'd be ALL over that thing. So would millions of others I think.

Can you imagine a Cotn, where you could build much larger maps, with many cities, make your own houses, temples, columns (where on earth are the columns in Cotn???) or download other people's masterpieces??? With user content, this wouldn't even be limited to 'ancient Egypt', it could be anything anywhere.

In my dreams!
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Re: An 'open ended' Cotn?

Postby Yahya » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:22 pm

This might not be what you're looking for, but if you want something completely open-ended where you can build whatever you like, give Minecraft a try. Seriously. You can go absolutely nuts there and the canvas is more or less limitless, with a world size something like 7 times that of the Earth.

The only real limitation with it is that everything is based around 1-meter cubes, but with determination and focus you can build some amazing stuff.

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 am

I haven't tried Minecraft, nor am I tempted. I've seen pictures, and to me it looks like a PC version of LEGO :lol:

Cotn really is unique :) Love it to pieces, just wish it wasn't so limited. That it would be possible to add user contents (without sacrificing what is already there), not just re-skins.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Yes, actually you're right on the money. A PC version of LEGO is very accurate. :D

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Thought so *giggling*
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Return to “General Discussion”