Generic Hi post

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Lord Seti

Postby Lord Seti » Thu May 06, 2004 5:54 pm

Greetings. Pharaoh was my favorite of all the City Builders (and is still one of my all time favorites) so when I saw CoN I started jumping and howling for joy.

I can hardly wait! :D

klingon9

Postby klingon9 » Thu May 06, 2004 6:13 pm

Hi all!

Looks as though there are many people i will get dream about this game with untill it comes out.

Timhotep

Postby Timhotep » Thu May 06, 2004 6:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Nice to see all those familiar names here!

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Thu May 06, 2004 8:17 pm

Grumpus, is that a promise?

I can't wait to get to the next "Which Way to..." site :)

And yes, lots of familiar faces and a few new ones to me, but it looks like almost everyone knows at least a few others here :)

Sinuhe, I haven't "seen" you around in ages :) Nice to see you here.

And GQ, I am not feeling sorry for you for being busy. You know what you've unleashed on us! Silly Emperor competition is eating up all my spare time. And I already have so little.

G-Force

Postby G-Force » Thu May 06, 2004 8:22 pm

Yet another person saying hi!

I learned about the game a week ago and was very pleased to notice the site up and running.

The game looks really good and seems to have everything one could ever want.

G-Force

robroy

Postby robroy » Thu May 06, 2004 9:08 pm

Hello everyone
Nice to see so many in here already. Like all of you I can't wait to see the game :D :D :)

parrotslave

Postby parrotslave » Thu May 06, 2004 9:26 pm

Hello all!

Pharaoh has been a favorite for years. I've tried the other City Building games but always come back to Pharaoh.

COTN sounds so good. I haven't looked forward to a new game this much ever.

Playing city building games adds an interesting dimension to looking at current events. I keep thinking 'Rebuilding Iraq' or 'Rebuilding Afghanistan' would make interesting City Building games.

Elvenwarrior2001
Location: Central California in a town no one has ever heard of...;)

Postby Elvenwarrior2001 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:54 am

Mouse: The Imps games I have are: Lords of Magic Special Edition, Caesar II, Caesar III, Civil War Generals I. I've wanted to buy the rest, but there are monetary retrictions. ;)

Parrotslave: The main reason I wouldn't want to see a city building game on things like Irag/Afganistan is that politics are too heavily involved since it's a current event. And politics is not really something I want in games.

Elven

Jayhawk

Postby Jayhawk » Fri May 07, 2004 8:07 am

You should definitely try to get Pharaoh (and whet your appetite before CotN hits the shelves ;) )

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri May 07, 2004 12:52 pm

Elvenwarrior2001 wrote:Mouse: The Imps games I have are: Lords of Magic Special Edition, Caesar II, Caesar III, Civil War Generals I. I've wanted to buy the rest, but there are monetary retrictions. ;)

Parrotslave: The main reason I wouldn't want to see a city building game on things like Irag/Afganistan is that politics are too heavily involved since it's a current event. And politics is not really something I want in games.

Elven
You can get the entire series of the old citybuilders in a combination package called The Biggest Creators of Empires. It should run you less than the cost of a single new game and contains Caesar III, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, Zeus/Poseidon, and Emperor.

Or look for Great Empires Collection 2 which has them all except for Emperor.
Keith Heitmann
dheitm8612@aol.com
Pharaoh Music Jukebox

Amrine

Hugs

Postby Amrine » Fri May 07, 2004 1:22 pm

Good to see all of you! Yup, I'll buy it too. =D

Amrine

koppi

Postby koppi » Sat May 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Little bit late to come here for a fan like me :)

Can´t wait to see if CotN can top Pharaoh my Favorit.

Elvenwarrior2001

Postby Elvenwarrior2001 » Wed May 12, 2004 10:18 pm

Ammy!!! How's the Inn's momma? Good to see you've joined the party. Make sure you hold up that LoM 2 sign as well. ;)

*hugs*

Elven

Kiya

Generic Hi

Postby Kiya » Mon May 17, 2004 4:54 pm

Hi everyone

I love City Building games and Pharaoh is my all time favourite. CotN sounds great with its new aspects of CB. And furthermore Egypt and its history are very interesting.

I'm delighted at this site: friendly lively discussion, lots of posts and interesting viewpoints, useful hints at literature and sites about Egypt... :)

Atlantean Relic

Hello

Postby Atlantean Relic » Mon May 17, 2004 7:48 pm

Hello, I've been a fan of the citybuilder since Pharaoh. Great series and I hope COTN continues the greatness.

Elvenwarrior2001

Postby Elvenwarrior2001 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:36 pm

Hello, and welcome! I'm glad to always see more participants here at the boards. :)

I came over from the Lords of Magic Eight Faiths Inn, and it's newest forum, as well as another Lords of Magic commuinity. But I've always loved Imps (now TM) and Lords of Magic was not the only game of their's I played and loved. C3 was one of the one's I love. City-building. I actually started on C2, but eventuall C3 came out. I loved their Civil War General games too, even though I only have the first one. :( Anywhoo...welcome. :)

Elven

Celebithil Dae

Postby Celebithil Dae » Tue May 18, 2004 2:14 am

EW, get the second! (CWGen i mean)

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Tue May 18, 2004 3:53 am

Hello Everyone,

Indeed, its nice to see so many old faces/nicks around. Most importatly to see the old IMPs reuniting to make more magic! Welcome back IMPressive developers. We are all keen to support you!

Yay for TM and the wonderful new game!
JuliaSet

Elvenwarrior2001

Postby Elvenwarrior2001 » Tue May 18, 2004 5:11 am

CD: Is it that good? What stuff did they add in? I can prob get it cheap anyhow, so I probably ought to. :D

Oh...and to the lovely lady (I am assuming that the "Julia" part means your a lady, if you happen to be a guy please do not be offended, or else...I could be in trouble...[and you know what that mean CD ;) ]. Yes Imps is back as TM to work more magic...and I'm hoping they eventually become Lords of Magic (2)...

Elven

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue May 18, 2004 5:43 am

JuliaSet wrote:Hello Everyone,

Indeed, its nice to see so many old faces/nicks around. Most importatly to see the old IMPs reuniting to make more magic! Welcome back IMPressive developers. We are all keen to support you!

Yay for TM and the wonderful new game!
JuliaSet

I was wondering when you were going to show up. :)
Keith Heitmann
[url=mailto :d heitm8612@aol.com]dheitm8612@aol.com[/url]
Pharaoh Music Jukebox

Return to “General Discussion”