CotN Retail Patch One First Impressions?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
sitearm

CotN Retail Patch One First Impressions?

Postby sitearm » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:35 am

This is to compare what people have tested & noticed so far...

Installed CotN retail patch one OK.
Reloaded current save game from Son of Ra OK.
No problems reloading (had no barges etc.)

Noticed following IMMEDIATE play differences:

. LABORERS much more efficient building pyramid.
Had 13 laborers and 2 overseers constructing great pyramid, but only 4 laborers at a time would haul blocks. Now ALL teams of 4 haul blocks. Added 4 more and THEY worked at same time too.

. Save times slightly reduced. Was using Retail pre-patch save game so will monitor patch save game on next scenario.

. PRINCESSES now look like NOBLE WIVES which is better than entertainers and consistent with the PRINCES looking like NOBLES.

googoo

Postby googoo » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:44 am

New people need to also realzie that they must download the patch before complaining about tread milling, and stuck laborers.

imhotep3147

Postby imhotep3147 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:12 pm

Patch shows definant improvement over original retail. Awesome job yet again TM. :D

sitearm

Postby sitearm » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:24 pm

(patch differences continued...)

PRINCESSES are shopping more effectively and Palace is out of the Red, back to full palace prestige.

enchant

Postby enchant » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:59 pm

sitearm9 wrote:PRINCESSES now look like NOBLE WIVES which is better than entertainers and consistent with the PRINCES looking like NOBLES.

I dunno. I liked it the old way. They had this really loopy walk and looked like a snobby rich woman not wanting to break a nail.

BulMaster

Postby BulMaster » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:27 pm

yup thats a princess

JeBuS

Postby JeBuS » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:27 am

I've seen 0 tread mill problems, which in itself makes this patch wonderful. But also, I've noticed that Laborers work on their own well after an Overseer has gone home, so things get done much faster. Wonderful patch... I wish Master of Orion 3 had patches like this.

... Actually, I wish MoO3 needed so little fixed, as this game did.

Good job Tilted Mill!

WalkLikeOne

Postby WalkLikeOne » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:42 am

Agreed. Bravo Tilted Mill! However, not to put too much of a damper on things, but I have noticed a new treadmilling manifestation: noblemen treadmilling or otherwise stuck while hunting. So far hasn't been a huge problem though. Overall much improved!

Mack the Knife

Postby Mack the Knife » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:16 pm

i have to ask this but it's just me so ignore it if you want. i check this forum while at work and on friday i saw nothing. saturday when i dropped in i saw nothing but got curious when i started seeing the patch word appearing more often than usual in posts. i went, huh? no one has come right out and said it but is there a patch released? so i go to the main site and viola, there it is. in every other blessed forum i've ever been on there is always someone (and usually 2 or 3) that posts a thread saying THE PATCH IS OUT!! but i never saw one here and i'm confounded as to why not. like i said, too late now but had to get it out... :D

Cassiopeia

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Mack the Knife wrote: in every other blessed forum i've ever been on there is always someone (and usually 2 or 3) that posts a thread saying THE PATCH IS OUT!! but i never saw one here and i'm confounded as to why not. like i said, too late now but had to get it out... :D

You mean like this one?

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4462

BulMaster

Postby BulMaster » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:01 pm

but you see the thread he is speaking was in the technical forum while he wanted it in the general discussions one :D

Innovan

Postby Innovan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:28 pm

And being the top item on the offical website since Friday night somehow eluded him also.

And that most every fan site has the 1.1 patch as its top item on its intro page as well.

So yes, I guess if you ignore: The offical game site, all the fan sites, and the technical forum used to report bugs, it might take you a whole... 36 hours to find out about the patch.

sitearm

Postby sitearm » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:02 am

Mack the Knive: I agree it caught me by surprise too. Pleasant surprise but still a surprise. Definitely didn't see it 'til later. :)

Mr.Jaquel

Sticky for Patch Announcement

Postby Mr.Jaquel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:52 pm

I missed the patch announcement as well. Paradox has me trained to check the general discussions forum for Sticky patch announcements.

Mack the Knife

Postby Mack the Knife » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:52 pm

well, despite what innovan says, i don't visit the main site on a daily basis as it is generally static and i don't visit the tech forums because i have no tech problems! not putting the patch release news in the general forum was stup...uh, err dum....hmm, ah, err, an oversight...

FieryDove

Postby FieryDove » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:58 pm

Mack the Knife wrote:well, despite what innovan says, i don't visit the main site on a daily basis as it is generally static and i don't visit the tech forums because i have no tech problems! not putting the patch release news in the general forum was stup...uh, err dum....hmm, ah, err, an oversight...

LOL...I imagine oversights can happen when one goes without sleep for 3 months. :D

Return to “General Discussion”