A green lawn tile if anyone wants one for nice noble and palace green turf

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:53 pm

Such a pretty thing! Thank you for bringing this up! :)
How come I never used this one!? I guess I was so new back then I was afraid to change anything... :o

I just tried unzip this one and it says "cannot open this file, it does not appear to be a valid archive...." :(

FranR

Postby FranR » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:54 pm

Kiya wrote:Such a pretty thing! Thank you for bringing this up! :)
How come I never used this one!? I guess I was so new back then I was afraid to change anything... :o

I just tried unzip this one and it says "cannot open this file, it does not appear to be a valid archive...." :(

That's because it isn't a zipfile, but it has to be renamed that way so that the forum would accept it as an attachement.

Just rename it instead for it to work.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Ok, I worked very hard with this one, but it didn't work for me. :(

I changed the name as said (plaza_1_b.zip to plaza_1_b.DDS, right?). Made a backup copy of the original in a separate file, then tried to introduce this new one to the terraintextures file, but it didn't overwrite anything, it just sat there.

Next stage: started CoTN, and the same old plazas there. Removed the b tile and left just the newly named b tile there. Game refused to work! I only have the initial 'please wait...' and back to desktop. Removed the new file and put the old back, everything works as before, but without this green thingie.

So what am I doing wrong? Please help , I really do want to have this one.

FranR

Postby FranR » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:28 am

Rename it to any of these four names:

plaza_a_1.DDS is your blue yellow
plaza_b_1.DDS is your green blue
plaza_c_1.DDS is your purple yellow
plaza_d_1.DDS is your plain tile

and place it in

C:\Program Files\Tilted Mill\Children of the Nile\data\Graphics\terraintextures

Be sure to make a backup first.

Psylocke

Postby Psylocke » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:40 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:Welcome to our family, Psylocke! :)

You are not new, but I have never posted to you before. ;)

The file appears to work (downloading), but I didn't actually test in in my game. I just downloaded it.

You have to change it away from a zip file before you download it. I changed the file name to one of the four tile names used in the game. Then changed the bottom option in the dl box to "All files" away from "zipped (compressed)". Finally hit "save". Here is an image that should help. I use XP with IE7, if that matters.

*face/palm* D'oh, it even says to rename it in his post! :rolleyes: Shouldn't do things like this in the middle of the night, so easy to ignore big chunks of text then! ^^;

Thanks for the welcoming and for the help! :D

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm

Sorry FranR, renaming the 'zip' file didn't work for me. But I read the the whole thread once more, very slowly in order to understand it all.....you see I'm very determined when I really want something.... and I found Joshes step-by-step instructions very clear and helpful (post number 6).

Had the backup already in another file called cotn backups. Next I made a copy of the plaza_b_1.DDS, made a copy of grass_1 which I renamed to plaza_b_1.DDS: these two are in the terraintextures. Played a little and made a test...it works!!! :D

Psylocke, I quite agree, shouldn't be doing this in the middle of the night, but then I have access to internet only at night at the moment. I'm using unencrypted wireless connection with a very weak signal, it seems to work best at nights when there are a few other users. Since I have no printer either in my use I want to see the instructions, copying everything by hand seems...ancient. :eek:

FranR

Postby FranR » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:12 pm

I'm glad to hear that you got it working, Kiya :D Seems that getting you online can be a challenge on it's own

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 pm

Thx for the ggg (great greeen grass) !!!! It really makes a difference.

Return to “General Discussion”