Easter Egg suggestion list

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
Miut

Postby Miut » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:45 am

Down boys! Reign in your testosterone - unless we ladies get some equally scatily loin-cloth clad male eye-candy! :D Hey, equal rights, after all...

THOSE dancing girls wearing only perfume cones and beads round neck and waist were only for Pharaoh's entertainment or big banquets. Regular temple dancers wore linen dresses or just linen kilts that allowed free movement.

Atlantean Relic

Postby Atlantean Relic » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:32 am

Assuming there will be Brewerys maybe some should have names like modern beer companies only egyptianified.

Rachelc258

Postby Rachelc258 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:58 am

I love everybody's comments on this thread, so I won't try and respond to them. On the alien thing, maybe one of the little green men (or gray men, whatever, you know with the big heads that grace tabloids) could just randomly show up in your people? Remember the thing in Emperor where a spy would look like something else (though sometimes a slightly out of place somethign else) until you happened to click on him? That would be a funny alien thing.

Also, on the audio sound bits, I agree, I LOVED zeus/poseidons sound bits. They cracked me up. "The vendor is such a doric" anyway... also, "I am so smart, so very very smart [...]" always got stuck in my head.

As to the Terry pratchett thing- when someone mentioned the flowers, and it being an idea from a book, Pyramids was the first thing I thought of. But didn't he take it from somewhere else?

Jayhawk

Postby Jayhawk » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:51 am

THOSE dancing girls wearing only perfume cones and beads round neck and waist were only for Pharaoh's entertainment

But, Miut...aren't we supposed to be Pharaoh in this game?

Speaking of Eastereggs...any chance of the odd mummy wandering around the tombs after dark? ;)

Ineti

Postby Ineti » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:56 pm

Atlantean Relic wrote:Assuming there will be Brewerys maybe some should have names like modern beer companies only egyptianified.

That's a fantastic idea! :D It should be a simple matter to phonetically spell out Budweiser, Coors, Guinness, and so on. :D

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:42 pm

Hy Nek Ken... hmm.. should work :D .

Miut

Postby Miut » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:41 pm

Jayhawk,
sure we are, but I want some dancing boys too! :) Think Hapshetsut and Cleopatra to name only two Queen/Pharaohs. I am sure they had male dancers and acrobats more than female ones. ;)

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:25 pm

Ok, this reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Kodos and Kang (the aliens) take over the Earth in an election.

Kang: Revealing outfits only for the men!

Crowd: BOO!

Kang: Revealing outfits only for the women!

Crowd: BOO!

Kang: Revealing outfits and little American flags for all!

Crowd: YAY!

Miut

Postby Miut » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:02 am

Groans.. I have so been trying to forget those episodes... I had the Simpsons by osmosis as my son watched it, and I don't like it. I worked in the main lounge you see.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:23 am

How about having the city atacked by a mob of angry kittens when Bast gets angry?

Miut

Postby Miut » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:49 pm

Ouch! You ever been mobbed by even 2 angry kittens? Imagine needle sharp claws into bare legs as they leap onto you!

GillB

Postby GillB » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:53 pm

Mmmm ... dancing boys ;)

Yep, I'm with Miut on that. Fair's fair. If we have to look at half-naked women let's have the men that way too :p

Miut

Postby Miut » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:05 pm

Hi GillB. Might not be many of us ladies, but we should have fair deals on the eye candy, eh?

vovan

Postby vovan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:39 pm

Miut wrote:Ouch! You ever been mobbed by even 2 angry kittens?

No. Only one. Needless to say, I took care never to anger him again. ;) Especially as he grew older, and his reflexes became faster than mine. :eek:

Miut

Postby Miut » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:47 pm

I had married friends with a totally evil cat called Meep.... They are reenactor friends and often had large gatherings at their house, especially if we had a show on cos some of us had to crash on their floor overnight to do the show.
Meep would go round the group, person by person, demanding scritches, and the men, cos most Viking reenactors are men, would reach down absentmindely and pet her. She''d suffer it for a few minutes till their guard was down then turn and savage their hand. They would scream in pain, and the rest would roar with laughter - until Meep went to the next one and did the same. She coudl go round a whole room like this and none of them remembered to watch out for her!.

Best was the story his wife told me of her husband waking up one night to go to the bathroom. He had to dislodge the cat from the bed, so a disgruntled Meep waited till he was getting back into bed to swipe, with claws fully extended, a certain tempting piece of male anatomy.... Ouch! Evil kitty.

We cats are a devious lot. ;)

Bradius

Postby Bradius » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am

Hum, a herd of angry kittens...Reminds me of the funny commercial where come cowboys were hearding cats. Quite funny.

I have been at whits end on this whole easter egg thing. However, I will throw out a suggestion for Santa flying about on Christmas Day. I seem to recall in Stronghold a fun Easter Egg where the villagers would say Merry Christmas m'lord on Christmas Day. Something like that would be fun.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:49 am

Bradius wrote: Santa flying about on Christmas Day. I seem to recall in Stronghold a fun Easter Egg where the villagers would say Merry Christmas m'lord on Christmas Day. Something like that would be fun.

That sounds OK, but I still prefer something more Egyptian related, like dancing hippos in the dawn or Ra charging across the sky or even the ufo thing mentioned before.

Uatch-Khepheru

Postby Uatch-Khepheru » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:40 pm

Miut wrote:Jayhawk,
sure we are, but I want some dancing boys too! :) Think Hapshetsut and Cleopatra to name only two Queen/Pharaohs. I am sure they had male dancers and acrobats more than female ones. ;)

Hey, for all you know they could have been Lesbians...or maybe even bi...

Anyway, as far as that goes, I think you should be able to change the settings to dancing girls (or....err.....boys, I guess :( ) from the options menu.

Bradius

Postby Bradius » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:08 pm

Okay, Egyptian related. :rolleyes: Fine, how about a cheat where the locasts fill up your grainary instead of eat up all your food? Sorry, but I have this strange vision of them flying around with chef hats on :p

And about all these dancing people with scant clothing on. I would suggest buying Vice City, or wait for Sierra to come out with their next Larry Leisure Suit installment. Still...dancing ladies...beer hall...Ladies night then :rolleyes:

Of those I like. I vote for the aliens/flying ships and the mummies.

Keith

Falcon-cam

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:01 pm

I just had an idea that since the devs say we will have a highly mobile camera, if it wouldn't be a neat idea to have a "falcon-cam". While I'm not even sure we will have birds flying about, let alone a falcon, it would be a nice effect to view your city from the perspective of a falcon as it soared over and around your city.
Keith Heitmann
dheitm8612@aol.com
Pharaoh Music Jukebox

Return to “General Discussion”