Cannot select sims

For technical or performance related issues
Grumpus

Cannot select sims

Postby Grumpus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:59 pm

I'm in the tutorial where I am instructed to select a sims in order to see his sims card. I click and click on those little critters to no avail. They will change color slightly, but no sims card.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reed

Postby Reed » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Grumpus wrote:I'm in the tutorial where I am instructed to select a sims in order to see his sims card. I click and click on those little critters to no avail. They will change color slightly, but no sims card.

That's odd. Have you tried pausing and selecting? Or using click-and-drag to select one?

Grumpus

Postby Grumpus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 am

Reed wrote:That's odd. Have you tried pausing and selecting? Or using click-and-drag to select one?

I've tried both. Pause is greyed out and click and drag doesn't work. I can't even rotate the map using it. If I save the game at this point, and then open it up again, pause will work, but clicking on sims doesn't.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:34 am

I didn't have any problems clicking on the Sims, Grumpus, & I was doing it at zoom out. The Sims move quickly (Normal speed), but I didn't need to use the pause.

By the way, my pause button doesn't appear to do it, but I have to recheck. I have to use the P or click on the pause/unpause interface button. The hotkey list on the manual page 3 shows P or Pause.

Good luck getting it working!

EDIT: Correcting a mistake. My keyboard Pause button DOES work. Sorry! :o
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpus

Postby Grumpus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:40 am

I downloaded the latest drivers from logitech and that seems to have solved the problem

Jeff Fiske

Thanks for the follow up

Postby Jeff Fiske » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:42 am

Worth noting for future users.

Return to “Community Technical Support”