C++ Runtime Error

For technical or performance related issues
Kiya

Postby Kiya » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:27 pm

Connellism wrote:I have now installed it on my vastly inferior laptop and it runs fine! TM really need to sort this out so I can run it on my desktop!

Now this is weird. It says somewhere that laptops are not supported, yet it seems to run on laptops but crashing on high-end desktops. (I'm getting a good desktop soon, so this is worrying me.)

Connellism

Postby Connellism » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm

I haven't played it for long on my laptop so I don't know if I will experience the other runtime errors that people seem to be having, but now that you mention it it does seem weird.

Anyone got any ideas on that?

alley1800

Postby alley1800 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:28 pm

I too can play on laptop, it is a rather good one but desktop should still be much better....I am however getting the crashing and freezing in game now that city is larger. Would love to be able to play this on the computer I bought it for!
Hope they have something soon.

Marmot

C++ runtime error as my cities grow

Postby Marmot » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:53 pm

I am regularly getting the C++ runtime error as my cities grow from small to medium size (about 30-40 buildings). Twice in a row it has happened immediately as a I was getting a you-cannot-build-this message (once for location, once for power).

-----------
Velocity Micro (off-the-shelf from Best Buy this year)
Intel Core 2 Duo E660 2.4GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256MB
2GB RAM
Vista
Game Patched
Drivers/OS up-to-date

Connellism

Postby Connellism » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 am

I have finally had a reply back from EA and they want me to reinstall the game (again) after ending some processes in the task manager. I have yet to try this (been too busy at work), but I don't think it is going to work.

If anyone has tried this could you let me know if it worked?

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 am

Already tried that a few times but with no luck, EA thinks they know everything and think they can solve everything but in fact it has nothing to do with processes in the task manager and has everything to do with the games executable, what worked for me for the time being is run it in a window screen and not full screen, i have had no crash since i am running it like this, when i switch back to full screen mode i get a crash within 1 or sometimes 2 min. I do hope they come with a fix soon cause i like to play in full screen mode.

Faberitius

For what is worth

Postby Faberitius » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, how amused I was when I found out, after spending 40 eurobucks, that SCS got low scores in most reviews. And then, how funny it has been to discover that the game it's full of bugs.

I'm running XP SP2 patched and smooth, antivirus (not Avast), latest drivers (GeForce 7900GTO), Microsoft .net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and even 3.5, updated C++ runtimes, etc. No matter what: when loading SCS, the bloody Runtime error appears.

I've uploaded DxDiag.txt just in case. As you can see, my hardware is good enough. I'm really pissed off, dudes.

Never seen such a crappy start. I hope a patch will come out soon. If that wont be the case... class action anyone? :cool:

Cheers,

Fabrizio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Manni

Postby Manni » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:56 pm

A patch is out just suck it and install.

Do you run the Acer without harddrives?

In dxdiag no hardrives or partitions to see........... :cool: :eek:

Faberitius

Postby Faberitius » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:54 pm

A patch is out just suck it and install.

You mean the one published on Nov. 14? Doesn't work.

Do you run the Acer without harddrives?

Yes. In fact, I run my whole machine onto a huge Ramdrive ;)

duckduck1984

C++ problem solved (for those who cannot enter the game)

Postby duckduck1984 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:10 am

Procedures of the solution:
1) install Microsoft Applocale (which can be downloaded from Microsoft)
2) inside C:\windows\apppatch , delete "AppLoc.tmp" if existed
3) use AppLoc to open EAsetup.exe (inside the DVD-rom)
4) Language choices: "Turkce" (somebody said choosing English is OK, but haven't tried it before)
5) (IMPORTANT!) remove the (TM) inside the install path
e.g: C:\Program File\Electronic Art\Simcity(TM)Society
Changed ---> C:\Program File\Electronic Art\SimcitySociety
(All the problem caused is beause of the :mad: "TM")
6) Continue normal installation procedures
7) Play as normal

have fun and hope it would help anyone who cannot enter the game because of this "C++" problem....... :cool:

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:04 am

Sorry but this doesn't solve a thing, the crash originates in the executable from the game itself, if only people would read everything that is already posted, just sucks to have to give the same answers over and over and over again.Besides we are talking about a runtime error here and not having a problem entering the game.

Scooby4ever

Postby Scooby4ever » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:47 pm

I have the same error RUNTIME ERROR and this only comes when my city gets bigger. As long the city is small the game works great. PLEASE FIX!

Return to “Community Technical Support”