Tilted Mill Team, Please Read.

For technical or performance related issues
ManBilal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sterling, VA. USA

Tilted Mill Team, Please Read.

Postby ManBilal » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 am

Hi TM staff.

Guys, is there anything TM is doing to fix these bugs your consumers have been complaining about, for a whole month? Otherwise this is great way to ruin your creation and your image, as far as SimCity is concern.

A regular press release; of what's keeping you busy would pacify the situation, tremendously.

If I missed something, I apologize and, please help me with a link.

Thanks.

shapelessform
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:39 am

Postby shapelessform » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:25 am

yeah, seriously.. this lack of updates is horribly unprofessional.

most games that are shipped with so many errors have patches out within a week. we're going over a month now i believe, and still not a peep.


if i was as hardcore a gamer as i used to be, i'd be lighting a torch and reaching for a pitchfork, but i've got a lot on my plate at the moment, so i'm actually strangely content with the game not working for the time being.


but, the fact remains that an absurdly untested product was released to the public, and as such, the absolute lack of support is simply astounding.


i know you guys are obviously doing your best to get to the bottom of these issues, but i'm sure you understand that you'll have to expect some frustrated rants.

ManBilal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sterling, VA. USA

Postby ManBilal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:29 am

shapelessform wrote:yeah, seriously.. this lack of updates is horribly unprofessional.

most games that are shipped with so many errors have patches out within a week. we're going over a month now i believe, and still not a peep.


if i was as hardcore a gamer as i used to be, i'd be lighting a torch and reaching for a pitchfork, but i've got a lot on my plate at the moment, so i'm actually strangely content with the game not working for the time being.


but, the fact remains that an absurdly untested product was released to the public, and as such, the absolute lack of support is simply astounding.


i know you guys are obviously doing your best to get to the bottom of these issues, but i'm sure you understand that you'll have to expect some frustrated rants.


I absolutely agree with you.

What pisses me the most is the lack of communication from TM. I could understand if EA forced TM to release the game before the final tweaks and optimizations; so it would make it to the market in time for the Holidays but, someone has to talk to us, what they're doing is damaging TM image and future SimCity installments.

It’s like, they don’t even read their own forum site; it’s incredible.

shapelessform
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:39 am

Postby shapelessform » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:46 am

ManBilal wrote:What pisses me the most is the lack of communication from TM.

exactly.

everybody suspects that it's probably EA's fault that this game was released prematurely, and the people at TM are not super-human [or so they would have us believe], thus they can only work so fast, but it would be a heck of a lot easier to be understanding if they at least put forth the effort to keep us updated..

tobing
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: Bruchsal/Germany
Contact:

Postby tobing » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:17 am

ManBilal wrote:What pisses me the most is the lack of communication from TM. I could understand if EA forced TM to release the game before the final tweaks and optimizations; so it would make it to the market in time for the Holidays but, someone has to talk to us, what they're doing is damaging TM image and future SimCity installments.

It’s like, they don’t even read their own forum site; it’s incredible.

Well, if you were around since a longer time here, you would know that it has been like this since CotN. They DO read the forums, and sometimes, they respond, but most of the time they keep quiet. Though I also would wish to receive more updates, I'm confident that they work on the issues and eventually come up with a patch.

ManBilal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sterling, VA. USA

Postby ManBilal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:23 am

shapelessform wrote:exactly.

everybody suspects that it's probably EA's fault that this game was released prematurely, and the people at TM are not super-human [or so they would have us believe], thus they can only work so fast, but it would be a heck of a lot easier to be understanding if they at least put forth the effort to keep us updated..


Exactly my point.
This is PR we're talking about. We know (At least hope) They're working on some sort of update but, if they don't verbally update people; one would only have the option to think, bad thoughts, frustrated and confused; specially when they take a whole month (And still counting) to find a remedy, which we desperately wait for.
They can upload bits and pieces of small updates so at least we can play the game better, sort-out the crash source, instead of huge (Onetime) update.
A huge update takes long: A crying hungry baby waiting for the formula; we cry.

tobing wrote:Well, if you were around since a longer time here, you would know that it has been like this since CotN. They DO read the forums, and sometimes, they respond, but most of the time they keep quiet. Though I also would wish to receive more updates, I'm confident that they work on the issues and eventually come up with a patch.


OK, I understand. And you're right; this is the only time I've dealt with TM. I'm a long time fan of SC (From SC 3000 Unlimited to SC4), when Maxis used to develop the game. All of the SC installments, somehow needed patches, but we were always updated with press release, stickies and forum news, never like this.
This is like someone sold you some non-working, broken, fake item and isn't answering the phone. That's the same feeling that I have.
I'm one heartbeat away from calling EA and demand refund.
Last edited by ManBilal on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Aberdeen UK

Postby Rubus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:52 pm

I'd rather the tm staff were busy working on solutions rather than getting bogged down on here responding to angry posts.

Besides, EA went ahead & made a nice "Bug submission form" heee! :rolleyes:

User avatar
David Beebe
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Postby David Beebe » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:42 pm

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14739

we're working on something. You can read Chris Beatrice's comments here.

shapelessform
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:39 am

Postby shapelessform » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:53 am

Rubus wrote:I'd rather the tm staff were busy working on solutions rather than getting bogged down on here responding to angry posts.

i wasn't suggesting that every post requires a response, but an update every now and then would be lovely.

David Beebe wrote:we're working on something. You can read Chris Beatrice's comments here.

cheers.

goonsquad
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:01 am

Postby goonsquad » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:44 am

With SCS being a new game I'm sure there is every likelihood the problems will get fixed. You'd think they'd be working on it now. The game is of course now the property of EA so maybe they are the people you need to harass. The best thing you can do is to clearly describe the problems the game has, because if past game history is anything to go by, things not fixed in the first patch won't get fixed at all.

C4 got one patch, which fixed a few things but further issues were later discovered and it appears certain those will never be fixed.
Last edited by goonsquad on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Aberdeen UK

Postby Rubus » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:20 am

shapelessform wrote:i wasn't suggesting that every post requires a response, but an update every now and then would be lovely.


Like this you mean :confused:

ManBilal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sterling, VA. USA

Postby ManBilal » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:56 am

Rubus wrote:I'd rather the tm staff were busy working on solutions rather than getting bogged down on here responding to angry posts.

Besides, EA went ahead & made a nice "Bug submission form" heee! :rolleyes:


Submitting bug-forms will not work, BTW. Some people aren’t as computer literate as you and I, therefore, cannot describe what they’re experiencing (like trying to explaining your car symptoms to a mechanic). Beside, no one knew; they would be testing demo ahead of time.
Before releasing a game, one must realize the game will play and be stable in most home systems, which qualify the minimum system spec.
So, that form you speak of, is absolutely useless to most.
Thanks for the opinion though. Your point is well made.

David Beebe wrote:http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14739

we're working on something. You can read Chris Beatrice's comments here.


Thanks Mr. Beebe. Now you put me in the obvious position of; one must say “Oh! Thanks, please, take your time”.
Like I have stated above: We know that you’re so whole heartedly trying to troubleshoot the problem, but, at this time in need; communications is what matters to us the most, the reassurance; to extent.

Once again; I like to thank you all at TM.

goonsquad wrote:With SCS being a new game I'm sure there is every likelihood the problems will get fixed. You'd think they'd be working on it now. The game is of course now the property of EA so maybe they are the people you need to harass. The best thing you can do is to clearly describe the problems the game has, because if past game history is anything to go by, things not fixed in the first patch won't get fixed at all.

C4 got one patch, which fixed a few things but further issues were later discovered and it appears certain those will never be fixed.


I think the only problem most people experiencing; is the crash issue, others experience, city being under water along with the crashes, and some with minor other glitches. But most is the crashing issues.
I don’t play SCS anymore because; I couldn’t stand my system crashing. So, lets get to the bottom of the source of this crashing first, so, I and rest of the guys can at least play it in stable condition. That would hush most people for while IMHO.
TM would buy some more time to sort out other issues.
But, in mean time; I can't even play the game, that's how desperate things are.
Last edited by ManBilal on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ed.
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: UK

Postby Ed. » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Bear in mind that EA are the publishers and they are the ones responsible for communicating with the buying public. TM are the developers and their deal is with EA.

Rubus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Aberdeen UK

Postby Rubus » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:30 pm

ManBilal wrote:Submitting bug-forms will not work, BTW. Some people aren’t as computer literate as you and I, therefore, cannot describe what they’re experiencing (like trying to explaining your car symptoms to a mechanic). Beside, no one knew; they would be testing demo ahead of time.
Before releasing a game, one must realize the game will play and be stable in most home systems, which qualify the minimum system spec.
So, that form you speak of, is absolutely useless to most.
Thanks for the opinion though. Your point is well made.


Not that well made evidently, as you clearly missed the "roll eyes" smiley which tends to denote sarcasm. Albeit mild in this case. :p

I'm sorry that you can't play the game however. That must really be annoying. At least I can play it in windowed mode.

All the best, Richard :)

ManBilal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sterling, VA. USA

Postby ManBilal » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:10 am

Rubus wrote:Not that well made evidently, as you clearly missed the "roll eyes" smiley which tends to denote sarcasm. Albeit mild in this case. :p

I'm sorry that you can't play the game however. That must really be annoying. At least I can play it in windowed mode.

All the best, Richard :)


I'm feeling a lot better now; since an update is coming. I did play the game for few minutes at a time, before the game hangs then crashes along with system. I did really liked it, it seemed pretty charming game all the way around, while it played. The reason I stopped playing is, I couldn't withstand so many crashes, and I really feared for my system files; I didn't want to wait till some dll files refused to load or system32 gets corrupted beyond repair.

It's all good now I waited this long, I can wait a week or so.

Here's the :rolleyes: lol.

Take Care.


Return to “Community Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests