Does Sim City™ Societies Crash For You?

For technical or performance related issues

How often or not does Sim City™ Societies crash when you run the game?

Sim City™ Societies never crashes.
19%
Sim City™ Societies crashes rarely.
23%
Sim City™ Societies every time I play.
58%

Total votes: 99

sev

Postby sev » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:44 pm

oh, sure, as soon as I vote in this poll, I get my first crash since I turned down my graphics settings. Hmph!

Anyway, I used to see more crashes until I turnined the graphics settings way down. My experience has been that laptop video drivers are flaky at best, so the less I ask of my computer in the way of graphics, the more stable everything is. Like MidrealmDM70, I mourn the dimished detail, but it's the price I pay for turning my desktop machine off & doing all my gaming on my laptop.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:34 am

It is also quite possibly a heat issue. As the calculations increase (processing and video) the cpu's work harder and generate more heat. At some point they will have some random error which can cause crashes.

This is just one possibility, there are about 1000027 more :)
:cool:

gyrobot

Postby gyrobot » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:57 pm

For some reason, my game crashes when I click on certain buildings (Advanced Dirt Roads for example) or attempt to save
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EndlessSims3

Crashing

Postby EndlessSims3 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:51 am

I can not even play this game I have both The SimCity Societies & Destinations and it crashes right when it is at the loading screen and the patch will not at all install! Come on I wanna play the games please we need the fix! Thanks! :confused:
I even added the games to the exceptions I have windows Vista Home Premium! PLEASE HELP!

okay I lowered the graphics and now getting a light blue screen why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EndlessSims3 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added DxDiag File

EndlessSims3

Postby EndlessSims3 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:22 am

Is any one around to help??????????????? Need a brand new patch? That one is old I need for Destinations EP! Where is everyone?

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 am

Your computer is using a video chipset by Intel. These are generally not the best for gaming because in the past the computer maker was responsible for writing the software drivers for them. Most of the drivers offered were usually generic and didn't support all the graphic features used in the game, like pixel shaders and transformation & lighting (T&L) used by 3D games.

Starting with the newer Intel 965 family of chips, Intel began offering their own video drivers. You are lucky that you have a 965 chipset. But your current drivers are a bit old, July 2009.

First, try a smaller screen resolution in the game if you are using a 1600x900 setting like your desktop is set at. Try a 1024x768 or a 1280x1024 setting instead.

Try lowering the game video settings to minimums and see what happens, assuming you can get into the game at all.

You can also try uninstallinga and reinstalling the game on the odd chance that something went wrong with the previous install.

You can try obtaining a newer video driver from Intel for your Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. Be sure you get a driver made for that specific Mobile 965 chipset not just the regular 965 chipset.

Follow the Intel directions on how to proplerly update your video drivers. Very important to follow the steps.

Is this blue screen blank? or are you seeing an error message on it. If you are seeing a error message in white text this is what is referred to as the "Blue screen of death" (BSOD). This usually means that there is incompatability between the game and your computer or other software running on your computer. A bad video or audio driver can cause a BSOD.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to find out what might be causing a BSOD, if you are getting them. All you can do is keep trying different things like I've mentioned above.

Try those for now and see what happens.

R8-Q88

Postby R8-Q88 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:43 pm

I had this happen a couple times on my old XP. If you can get it to the main menu using some of the steps keith mentioned, go into options, and check the "low memory optimisation" box. This will cause trees, street lights, foliage, some cars, and other props to go away to increase performance. I didn't see the bit count of yout computer in the dxdiag. It will either be 32bit (x86), or 64bit (x64). If you have a 64bit you should probably check where you installed the game. If you installed it on a 64bit to "C:\ProgramFiles", you need to uninstall it and reinstall it to "C:\ProgramFiles (x86)".
Last edited by R8-Q88 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EndlessSims3

Postby EndlessSims3 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:43 pm

TY I figured that I needed to lower the graphics Thanks for your help! ;) I have the 32bit (x86)!

Xyber

Postby Xyber » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:26 am

I can build Homes & Work Places or Workplaces & Venues. I can't add all three. If I build homes & workplaces and add a venue it crashes immediatly. Same if I build workplaces & venues, once I add a home it crashes. It makes this game very frustrating.

pleghthrower

Postby pleghthrower » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 pm

what can i do to make my sim societies not crash anymore?? please help me .. i really love the game .. :(

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:24 am

"pleghthrower" wrote:what can i do to make my sim societies not crash anymore?? please help me .. i really love the game .. :(

Hi,

First off let's get some system specs. Please follow the directions for your particular operating system:

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-Information

Then please return here and indicate your CPU, how much memory is in your computer, and your graphics card's specifications.

Once you provide this info we can move on and begin troubleshooting things.

Return to “Community Technical Support”