Vist 32-bit run problem

For technical or performance related issues
Khanon

Vista 32-bit run problem

Postby Khanon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:42 pm

I've tried every fix listed here, and some not... I've purchased what's considered one of the best registry cleaners, uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least 5 times (what a nightmare THAT is!), running as administgrator, in xp sp2 mode, and even tried the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE fix offered for other programs and adapted to SCS.

Nothing works. The launcher screen comes up fine, click play, and:

Runtime Error!

Program: ...s\Electronic Arts\SimCity Societies\SimCitySocieties.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Well...here I am... Help!

The game ran beautiful on my piece of garbage XP SP3 3 year old machine. State of the art apparently isn't always the way to go. lol

DxDiag below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Khanon on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Update... The previous was with patch 4. With patch 5, I don't even get that runtime error... just a "The program has stopped working" general Vista error.

Will Jennings

Postby Will Jennings » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:19 pm

I don't spot any difficulty in a skim of your dxdiag. Have you contacted SimCity support at support.ea.com? They may have some troubleshooting steps to suggest that I don't.

Khanon

Postby Khanon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Yeah...unfortunately, I tried all their tricks too... No go on that one. It's a fresh install of Vista, as well. I'm not going to uninstall and reinstall the OS because I have several hefty commercial software packages and I'd hate to have one of them not let me re-activate without buying the software again (like Photoshop CS3, MS Office Enterprise 2007, etc.), so... Unless someone can figure out a trick without an OS reinstall, I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Everyone just shrugs and says "dunno what to say..."

Unfortunately, I won't be buying Destinations since I can't get base SCS to run...and I was looking forward to it. The update to the OS had to be done, so ...

Until such time as a future iteration works, I have to be content with CL:WE. It's not bad... It's no SCS, but it fills the time...

Return to “Community Technical Support”