install error on game update 5

For technical or performance related issues
Daevasgil

install error on game update 5

Postby Daevasgil » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

i HAVE INSTALLED THE GAME BUT i cannot install game update 5 (which is downloaded after installing the game and installed manually) it stops giving error everytime on the same time that i attached screenshot of it. i run windows xp pro x64 version.

the error is when i install GAME UPDATE 5 ( SCS_104243_H => 183.359 kb )just after ScriptCompiler.dll please check my screenshot..

anyone able to install game update 5 on win xp pro x64 version? please help me.....

my best regards.

ps: both windows xp pro x64 version and simcity societies deluxe edition are original and i uploaded dxDiag.txt and game update 5 error screenshot..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quantum Reality

Postby Quantum Reality » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 am

Hmm. Some people said something about people in Turkey having problems with SCS because the localization isn't quite right, I think?

Daevasgil

Postby Daevasgil » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:02 am

yes i am from Turkey and is there a fix for it i might try?

thanks in advance

Daevasgil

game update 5 included in simcity societies destinations?

Postby Daevasgil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 am

from what i understand from another post if you have destinations installed you no longer need game update 5?

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 pm

"Daevasgil" wrote:from what i understand from another post if you have destinations installed you no longer need game update 5?

Yes, that's correct.

Airsoft

Postby Airsoft » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:04 am

exact the same error i have, patch 1 works succes but patch 2 ( UPDATE 2) , error and exact message that you show in IMAGE...what TO DO PLS????

I FOUND ON INTERNET 5 PATCHES...5 UPDATES= I MUST INSTALL ALL 5?
I HAVE SIMCITY SOCIETIES DELUXE+DESTINATIONS INSTALLED ALREADY. WHAT TO INSTALL AS PATCH NEXT?

PLS HELP ME
Last edited by Airsoft on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Airsoft.

According to Daevasgil and tobing down in the thread, you do not need to install patch 5 if you have Destinations installed.

Airsoft

Postby Airsoft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:09 am

"PCDania" wrote:Hi Airsoft.

According to Daevasgil and tobing down in the thread, you do not need to install patch 5 if you have Destinations installed.

Ok, patch 5 no, but...patch 1,2,3,4?
that error from picture ( first post) i have it when i make patch 2.
Patch 1 gone succes, patch 2...that error...
i have 1-2-3-4-5...i dont need no one from this pacthes?

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 am

If you need a patch the game "version number" will be different than the most recent fully updated version of the game.

Find out what the absolute latest "version number" of the game is supposed to be and then check your game's .exe file properties.

Right click on the .exe file of the game, then select Properties. Click on the Version tab of the properties window. The installed "version number" of your game will be there. If the version number of your exe file matches the latest version of the game you don't need the patch.

So, for example, if the patch brings your game up to version 1.5, let us just say for argument, and the version number of your exe file shows 1.5.x.x then you won't need the patch. (x=any number between 0-9)

I don't have SCS myself so I can't help you beyond this point.

Airsoft

Postby Airsoft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:38 am

i have a new problem, i made a fresh reinstall of windows....i tryed to install simcity societies, and was interrupted during installation, i deleted the folder from C/etc...and in control panel is not there.....to unninstall the program....now i try to repair...and see the errors pls...:

When i put cd in cd room, the autoplay said PLAY THE GAME...BUT THE GAME FOLDER IS NOT IN COMPUTER PC....
then i tryed to unninstal the game to reinstall....and that's what the game said = in those 2 images.

help? what to do. i have windows 7 on this computer.

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 am

Have you tried the Repair button in the first picture?

Did you remember to install the newest drivers for your computer and fully update Windows after the reinstall of Windows, before you started installing anything else?

Airsoft

Postby Airsoft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 am

"PCDania" wrote:Have you tried the Repair button in the first picture?

Did you remember to install the newest drivers for your computer and fully update Windows after the reinstall of Windows, before you started installing anything else?

i tryed repair and unninstal = same message=insert disk...with disk inserted.
i have drivers new yes...windows i dont make updates because it's not genuine, its crack...

PCDania

Postby PCDania » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Sorry, no more help from me. I don't support illegal software.

Return to “Community Technical Support”