SCS Pack Not Extracting, Jumping from Import to Import

For technical or performance related issues
TurtleShroom

SCS Pack Not Extracting, Jumping from Import to Import

Postby TurtleShroom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Good afternoon.

I am experiencing a problem with several of the SCS Packs when I try to enter them into the game. When I double click a Pack and it warns me it's not from EA, I consent and it says the item is "successfully installed".

I go to the "IMPORT" folder in C:\ProgramData (Windows Seven) and C:\Users\All_Users (WIN2000-WIN7), and it appears in the latter as a SCS Pack. It's not decompiled or extracted. It simply moves the Pack file.

I tried dragging it out, and repeated the installation. After consenting to the installation, again, I find it in the Import Folder.

I tried creating an Import Folder in C:\Program_Files_(x86) (Windows Seven), which is the default SCS directory, but installing it there sends it to another Import Folder in the mirror.

This process repeats, but only on random SCS files. For example, "KH Guard Station" and "Ilsang Yongpum", while "Port-o-Potty", "ML Syndicate", and "Gambino Mafia" do not.

Why?

Thank you for your assistance.
-TS
-
Jesus loves yiou and died for you! :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:35 am

Did you already start up the game before unpacking SCS Packs? The game program doesn't set up the appropriate directories in ProgramData until it has been started up at least once.

TurtleShroom

Postby TurtleShroom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you for your reply. After I posted it, I actually figured that out myself about a half hour or so later. You were right.
-

Jesus loves yiou and died for you! :D

Return to “Community Technical Support”