SC doesn't see the cities from my old HD

For technical or performance related issues
cheung4485

SC doesn't see the cities from my old HD

Postby cheung4485 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:53 am

I have installed a new HD in my PC running Win 7 Ultimate. After reinstalling Simcity Societies Destination, the game runs fine. But it wouldn't pick up the cities I created from my old HD. I have my whole directory under My Documents>SimCity Societies>User Data copied. Nothing shows up in the list of cities available for loading. Only the new cities I created in the new HD show up.

How could I see my old cities again?

Thanks,
Michael

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 am

This is just a guess, as I don't have SCS myself, but if you are moving files over from an older XP type system to a Win7/8/8.1 system the file directory structure is a bit different in the new Windows. They may be held in a different location in Win7.

You can try saving a map or city on your computer first. It could be just a blank map or city save. Give the file a easy name to remember when you save it. Then use the Win7 search function to find that filename and note the location of where it is stored. Then try copying all your old saves to that location.

I have Win 8 upgraded to 8.1, and some of my save game files for other games are stored in a MY GAMES folder and others are stored in the MY DOCUMENTS folder with folder names of the game maker or the game itself, such as Tilted Mill or World in Conflict, etc.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 pm

It might be because Win7 has a different folder set-up as Keith mentioned.

If you're playing SCS in Win7, your save games should be in Libraries/Documents/SimCity Societies

Return to “Community Technical Support”