My Mod Collections

Post or download mods and height maps here!
Morpheus121073

My Mod Collections

Postby Morpheus121073 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:59 am

Ok here are my mods i have made to be an installer pack, my thanks go out to everyone who helped me correct some minor faults.

The Mods are.

Roads Mod - You will have all the roads available to mix and match, including the choice to have them with or without trash, what kind of trash and if there is steam on the streets or not.

Disaster Mod - This mod adds 4 Disasters to your choice where you can create disasters, the new ones are Small, Medium and Large Earthquake and the option to start a fire.

Theme Control Mod - This mod adds 10 of the official rewards customized, they do not override the original ones :) With these rewards which you can find in the decorative part of the building menu, you can control what theme your city uses, they are all starting with Cheat, such as Cheat Fun Theme, this would change the city's theme to FUN after you place it.

Extended Cheat Mod - This will add some new cheats to the game, see attached .doc file for more info on the cheats available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Morpheus121073 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

gzz82

Postby gzz82 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:28 pm

hi, just curious but if u add in a mod, can u remove it later? :)

johnstumbo

Postby johnstumbo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Hey liked all but the roads mod how do I get rid of just that mod? By the way great job on the mods.

Ryou-chan

Postby Ryou-chan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:53 am

Morpheus121073 wrote:Extended Cheat Mod - This will add some new cheats to the game, see attached .doc file for more info on the cheats available.

I'm wondering how do you use the cheats?

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:28 am

download the cheats list and then you can see what cheats there are, simply hit enter, imput the cheat and press enter again

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:39 am

Morpheus121073 wrote:Ok here are my mods i have made to be an installer pack, my thanks go out to everyone who helped me correct some minor faults.

The Mods are.

Roads Mod - You will have all the roads available to mix and match, including the choice to have them with or without trash, what kind of trash and if there is steam on the streets or not.

Disaster Mod - This mod adds 4 Disasters to your choice where you can create disasters, the new ones are Small, Medium and Large Earthquake and the option to start a fire.

Theme Control Mod - This mod adds 10 of the official rewards customized, they do not override the original ones :) With these rewards which you can find in the decorative part of the building menu, you can control what theme your city uses, they are all starting with Cheat, such as Cheat Fun Theme, this would change the city's theme to FUN after you place it.

Extended Cheat Mod - This will add some new cheats to the game, see attached .doc file for more info on the cheats available.

Good work - slight problem I have with the roads - there are no "pop up discriptors" or names for the roads so no way to tell which level of trash and its jumbled. Anyway to add names and descriptions like default stuff has? Anyway to organize - like all the versions of same street next to each other.
Also I'd like to know how to remove mods that have been added

Thanks

Lilbluesmurf

Postby Lilbluesmurf » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:11 am

Actually, there are descriptors, but they don't get read correctly from the mod folders. If you want them, you have to go in and grab the morpheousXXX.xml files in localization that go with the mod and move them to the actual install directory localization folder.

As far as uninstalling mods, right now there is no easy way. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to keep the original pack files and reverse them (I believe someone mentioned a simple in game mod selection menu would be a god send), but like I said that is not the case right now. You have to manually go in and delete the associated files from where they are installed. It would probably be easiest if you got the pack files xml list of everything so you knew exactly what to do get rid of.

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:25 am

They should work just fine using them in the mod folder, however some have reported not to work for them and others did, like lilbluesmurf said move them for now so they will work, because there are definatly descriptions in there on what they are.

Chaotic Cow

Postby Chaotic Cow » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:42 pm

I can't see to find this... ' morpheousXXX.xml '

johnstumbo

Postby johnstumbo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:03 am

Hey would still like to know how to delete a mod once installed if you don't like it. I deleted it in the import folder but that didn't delete the mod. I don't want to have to reinstall the whole game to get rid of the mod.

bairdte

Postby bairdte » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:20 am

The easiest way to remove a Mod is to look in the file that you deleted in the IMPORT folder. This file contains all the files and locations that the Mod imported into the the My Documents folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies) for XP ...do not know the Vista location. Hope this helps. PS you may need to reinstall the Mod you deleted already to locate the files.

johnstumbo

Postby johnstumbo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:36 pm

I deleted the mod in the import folder shouldnt that have deleted the mod?

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm

johnstumbo wrote:I deleted the mod in the import folder shouldnt that have deleted the mod?

No, you would think that it does but it doesn't. You'll need to delete each individual file that was included in the mod to get rid of it.

I've found it easiest to keep copies of all the mods that I install. When I install a new one and find out I don't like it, I wipe out all of the mod folders (delete them) then start the game, and exit the game. This way the game recreates the base mod folders again, then I reinstall all the mods that I wish to use. While this sounds like a pain in the butt, it's nowhere near as bothersome as reading through a large mod xml file and then going and finding and deleteing each individual file from a mod, now that's a pain in the butt.

So for me it's easiest to delete the mod folders (all of them) and let the game recreate them, then reinstall all the mods that I do wish to keep again. And yeah it would be nice if the game had a built in mod section that allowed us to turn on or off mods, and for a game that was touted as being modded to the upteenth degree it sure does lack controls over the mods. Barring an ingame option to turn on or off mods, it would be great if TM would give us a tool that would list all the mods that are installed and allow us to tell the program to remove one or more of the mods and then have it read the xml file and go delete the individual files referenced in the mods xml file. That seems to be the easiest way of doing it and shouldn't really take much time at all for someone to program up if they are knowledgble in programming such things.

Sim2Kid405

Postby Sim2Kid405 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 pm

first thing is i love your road mod and i added a main street sign to your country road and city road, where it has a stop sign and a street sign, the street sign now say's Main Street, I Put some screen shots so you can see them, if you want me to post the pics so you can replace them or anyone can replace them just ask., I know you probably could of done this but thought i be helpfull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KnowitallSim

Postby KnowitallSim » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Hey, what part of the sim city societies folders do I put this in? :confused: :eek:

Hilde

Postby Hilde » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi

Jeg dl extended cheat mode and I cant get it to work. I type win in game and nothing happen. Do the game have to be in english to get the cheat to work?

:)

Return to “Mods (Files)”