Service Station & Solar Panels

Post or download mods and height maps here!
bpsucks

BP Debranding

Postby bpsucks » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:24 am

This is an update to remove the BP logo from the Service station and the solar panels (anywhere else?).

I made a scpack but It didnt work.

If these logos are anywhere else let me know.

There is only 1 good source for renewable engery.

----

Contains:
major wind farm
wind farm
50s gas station
service station
hydro power plant
solar farm
solar panel (ontop of buildings)
bp truck

Anyone want to make a pack for it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bpsucks on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

sirgrim

Postby sirgrim » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 am

Those are pretty nice. There's also bp signs on a 50s gas station, the solar farm, the sheds of both wind factories and some pesky truck.

The pack didn't work for me, but I tried them out in the templates. The gas station looks good, but I couldn't find the one on the solar panels.

Zach

Postby Zach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 am

I make a motion that this thread be deleted and the OP be banned (for his choice of user names). :p

Seriously, though, I find this rather disrespectful. I mean, BP did partner with EA to bring us this game (http://bpsimcitysocieties.com), and also, for an energy company, BP is one of the better ones being the most eco-friendly and all.

What's your problem with BP? You work for Exxon-Mobil or something? :D

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 am

Everybody is upset because BP dumped waste into chicago's drinking water..
but as far as I can tell they actually had the permits to do it and publicly announced that though they had the right to they would no longer o_0

Zach

Postby Zach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:30 am

I hadn't heard about that, but if they had a permit, then I seriously doubt they dumped waste into Chicago's drinking water directly--more likely the sewage system. In other words, they are no more evil than anyone with a toilet in their bathroom. :p
Last edited by Zach on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:32 am

also the great lakes (the 'drinking water' as they say) have been heavily polluted for YEARS o_0
my father got reading assignments in elementary school about how filthy it was... that must have been in the 50s :eek:

Zach

Postby Zach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:40 am

Okay, well, by your time-line, that was sixty years ago. How long are you going to hold a grudge? ;)

Morpheus121073

Postby Morpheus121073 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:29 am

I agree there is no need to have disrespect, i mean c'mon you can use a normal name and name the mod simply a gasstation mod, and by the way why not add them as new gasstations then people can choose to use a BP station or a non BP station.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:25 pm

Zach wrote:Okay, well, by your time-line, that was sixty years ago. How long are you going to hold a grudge? ;)

To be a little more accurate on the subject, the outcry came this past July when it was uncovered they were seeking special permission to be allowed to dump mercury into Lake Michigan. Supposedly they been doing this for quiet some time, just out of sight from the public eye.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Rnett wrote:To be a little more accurate on the subject, the outcry came this past July when it was uncovered they were seeking special permission to be allowed to dump mercury into Lake Michigan. Supposedly they been doing this for quiet some time, just out of sight from the public eye.

They got permission to dump more stuff, but then they "changed their mind" and kept the dumping levels the same.

By the way, to completely take out the BP logo from a structure, you need to change the portrait image and the card image (the 3D rendering), not just the textures.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:30 pm

wait I don't remember saying the 'incident' was 50 years ago :eek:

bpsucks

Postby bpsucks » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:24 pm

The Indiana Department of Environmental Management issued the permit allowing BP to increase its daily dumping of ammonia and silt into Lake Michigan by 2011 as part of a $3.8 billion expansion of its Whiting, Ind., refinery -- located several miles southeast of Chicago and just beyond the Illinois border.

Critics say that amounts to a reversal of decades-long efforts to reduce pollution levels.

The great lakes are the United States of Americas largest supply of fresh water.

Should we be happy that BP sponsored a game by EA (more like by TM)?

If the game was $20 I wouldnt care as much about their branding but they charged full price to force me to look at this nasty company logo for hours on end, no thank you.

Thanks sirgrim, I will work on finding the rest of the textures with bp's logo for removal.

I wasnt to worried about the portrate image, you dont see those as much as you see the building itself.

I thought about making them new buildings but eh, I just started.

http://www.protectthegreatlakes.org/in-the-news/great-lakes/bp-refinery-faces-firestorm-on-dumping-plans2
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-bp_01aug01,0,1050679.story
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/07/bp_short_for_ba.php
http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2007/7/19/11408/1307

I live in Indiana, where all this stuff is happening, I will be directly affected by BP's actions (along with anyone else sharing the great lakes, alot of people).

I stand by my name, it wont change.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Freedom of speech
You'd be surprised what you could get away with saying on this forum
usually you will only have to deal with other members..
lol not that I think hating BP is a good reason to ban somebody :eek:

Zach

Postby Zach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:48 pm

bpsucks wrote:Should we be happy that BP sponsored a game by EA (more like by TM)?

<...>

I live in Indiana, where all this stuff is happening, I will be directly affected by BP's actions (along with anyone else sharing the great lakes, alot of people).

If that's the case--and for the record, I did not dispute your claims about BP--then don't you do a disservice to yourself and the community you supposedly care about by buying a game sponsored by very company you oppose? It's a bit hypocritical. ;)

-----

And King Faticus, it's not polite to delete your posts (well, your last post immediately after my last post anyway) hours after the fact after I had gone thus making our friendly conversation read differently than it originally did. :(

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:12 pm

I still don't have the game yet, but I'd definitely find use for a mod like this. I don't want *any* in-game advertising.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Zach wrote:And King Faticus, it's not polite to delete your posts (well, your last post immediately after my last post anyway) hours after the fact after I had gone thus making our friendly conversation read differently than it originally did. :(

I had removed my post before anybody had replied
there was probably a reason I did it, because, I usually don't delete my posts ;)
not that I can remember it or what I said in the post o_0

either way I'm sorry if it caused any issues

bpsucks

Postby bpsucks » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:57 am

If i knew it was sponsored by BP I wouldnt have purchased it at full price, if at all.

I've updated the package with the wind farm, 50s gas station, hydrop plant and the 'bp truck', im sure theres some others hiding, let me know and theyll be changed too.

Zach

Postby Zach » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 am

bpsucks wrote:If i knew it was sponsored by BP I wouldnt have purchased it at full price, if at all.

That's a fair statement I guess. :cool:

Okay, now that everyone has nicely and politely educated me about the true situation, forgive my interruption and carry on. :)

ManagerJosh

Postby ManagerJosh » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:25 am

Can I get permission to repost this over at http://uoem.com/simcity/downloads :) ?

bpsucks

Postby bpsucks » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:52 am

You know it, just update it every now and again since im still working on it

Return to “Mods (Files)”