Mod Removal Tool

Post or download mods and height maps here!
Mike Lattiak

Mod Removal Tool

Postby Mike Lattiak » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Greetings!

This post is just a reminder that a mod removal tool is now available at the official SimCity Societies forum by following this link.

Please note that this version is currently in beta, so problems might arise while working with it. If you have any issues, this would be an excellent place to place and discuss them.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Mike Lattiak on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Lattiak

Postby Mike Lattiak » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Guess I'll get the ball rolling here!

Some known issues:

1) The tool does not work in Vista.
2) Selecting the 'X' Button in the upper-right hand corner will not close the application. For now, select the "exit" button.
3) Mods which were made packaged using the following <FileAdd> tag will not properly uninstall:
<FileAdd name="\Data\XMLDb\Categories\C1 All.xml" />

This format, however, will:
<FileAdd name="Data\XMLDb\Categories\C1 All.xml" />

Notice the '\' before the beginning of the file location. Although the majority of mods listed do not have this prefix, others do. If you run into this problem, open up the XML in the import folder and delete all of the '\' marks.

That is all for now. I'll update this list in the future for you all to reference.

bpsucks

Postby bpsucks » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm

This works great!

A suggestion that was already posted about would be to have it enable/disable the mods instead of simply deleting them.

It would be nice to save them to a backup dir then when you want to install them again just click `reinstall` or w/e.

Why isnt this an official EA/TM mod remover?

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:18 pm

ohh there was another thread somewhere
Edit:

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14768

Mike Lattiak

Postby Mike Lattiak » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:43 pm

bpsucks wrote:Why isnt this an official EA/TM mod remover?

The program is still in its early stages of beta. It still needs to be tweaked and adjusted before it can graduate to "awesome status". Also, since the source code has been released, coders can dive into the program themselves and modify it to their liking.
King Faticus wrote:ohh there was another thread somewhere

Indeed -- but I'd like to have this thread available for people who have technical programs, or possible suggestions as bpsucks has made.

smjjames

Postby smjjames » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 pm

I realize this thread is rather outdated, but does it work on vista yet? I want to use it to remove the stone wall mod so I can replace it with the fixed version.

Hilde

Postby Hilde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 am

I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit and the tool worked just fine.

vacpl

Postby vacpl » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Just picked up and used this tool yesterday and everything went smoothly. However when I re-entered the game, I still had icon boxes for the roads I removed. They were blank, but still taking up the space. Any ideas on how to ditch them for good?

Thanks!

ETA: Oh, and I have XP.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:48 am

Anything installed would be under the SimCity Societies folders in the Application Data folder in your C: drive.

Return to “Mods (Files)”