Syndicate Mod

Post or download mods and height maps here!
MidrealmDM70

Syndicate Mod

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am

Midrealm Mod 2 - The Syndicate Mod

Lots of new syndicate buildings and homes. You can now design a city based on high crime levels!

The mod file should work equally well in both Destinations and Pre-Destinations formats. Although those who have destinations will see certain abilities that others will not (sorry, but destinations added certain features)

This Mod also introduces the Syndicate Muscle special sim as a new criminal class sim. The Syndicate Muscle works just like the vigilante, but the odds of having syndicate muscle spawn increases as more syndicate buildings from this mod are placed in your game (this is an intentional undocumented feature).

But beware, the syndicate families dont get along well, and sooner or later these guys will begin attacking each other.

The MR2_Syndicate mod contains:
Syndicate Safe House and Hideout - these homes generate criminals while reducing nearby police effectiveness. In exchange your treasury gets a small bribe each day. Two varieties of each type of home and pressing the 'V' key will cycle through them just as normal homes in the game.

Chop Shop - a venue that sells stolen cars, for a small (and brief) happiness boost.

Protection Racket - If you agree to pay their daily price they can permanently make a workplace immune to rogue sims.

Other buildings include: Bookie's Office, Bootlegger, Teamster's Union, Money Launderer, and Syndicate Manor. All of the buiuldings are sortable using the filters, they can influence your city society (most of them lean heavily towards the industrial society). Several of the buildings generate income for your treasury each hour based on the number of criminals in your city, Let the crime spree begin!

=-=-=-
MR2_Syndicate_addon
This addon works ONLY under Destinations (again, sorry) and contains the Syndicate Strip Club. Not for younger players as about 5%-10% of the special sims generated here will be topless (see images below). And No the word "Censored" does _NOT_ appear in the game.

=-=-
Although I attempted to test this mod, I could easily have missed something, please repot any bugs, errors, or problems.

One thing I did not test, is clearing out all my files and re-installing the mods from the SCSpack from scratch to make sure I included all of the files. So hopefully I didn't leave anything out :o

If you enjoyed the mod, see room for improvements, have problems with one of the buildings, or just want to say hi. Send me a message. Thanks

If you like the mod and have something you would like to see in the game, please let me know as well. I have ideas for 20 or so more buildings, so I am loooking to put out another mod soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MidrealmDM70 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Correct Typo - add details

MidrealmDM70

No comments?

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:27 pm

No comments?

Makes me wonder if people dont like the mod, or if it doesn't work properly.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:05 am

My mods don't get a lot of comments either.

People download, but mostly don't comment. I usually do the same myself. :o

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 am

"Azeem" wrote:My mods don't get a lot of comments either.

People download, but mostly don't comment. I usually do the same myself. :o

Yeah I figured, but it would be nice to know if there were any bugs or issues that needed correcting. Or if everything runs well for everyone.

Plus, if sorted by newest postings, new comments keep it at the top of the forum, and It will look silly if I keep commenting on my own work every month ;)

justjames

Postby justjames » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Just saw this and I am giggling like a school-girl. Hot Coffee indeed :D Love it!

I am installing it and giving it a test drive immediately :)

Jamin80011

Postby Jamin80011 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 am

I had trouble registering to the site to comment on your mod (the only reason I registered BTW) It KIX BOOTY!!! I edited the stripclub to autocast and changed a few other things here and there though, as well as the MR mod files. Keep 'Em Coming MOST DEF! :cool:

RickFromOZ

Great Mods

Postby RickFromOZ » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 am

"MidrealmDM70" wrote:No comments?

Makes me wonder if people dont like the mod, or if it doesn't work properly.

Whoops! I did download both mods but forgot to comment. :o

Only one Laundromat allowed, for each city! How’s an honest (cough cough) Mayor, supposed to keep his / her Simoleons, nice and clean? :D

Just a couple of things:

I have both SCS vanilla and SCS Deluxe Editions. (Excluding the 'add on mod', of course), I take it these mods rely on patch five, to run? When I installed it on my machine which only runs the vanilla edition, every time I went to place a building, it crashed to the desktop. I couldn’t work out what was going on, at first, until I realised I only had patch four installed.

Deluxe, works fine. The only thing I did notice was in the sub categories, where it shows you creepy, gaming, etc. Your sub category came up as a ‘missing string.’ It works, I may just need to change the file description, into my version of English.

The mods are great and thanks for posting them. :)

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:29 pm

"RickFromOZ" wrote:
Only one Laundromat allowed, for each city! How’s an honest (cough cough) Mayor, supposed to keep his / her Simoleons, nice and clean? :D

With the power boost to your Syndicate from the Laudromat you should have no problem. ;)

"RickFromOZ" wrote:
Just a couple of things:

I have both SCS vanilla and SCS Deluxe Editions. (Excluding the 'add on mod', of course), I take it these mods rely on patch five, to run? When I installed it on my machine which only runs the vanilla edition, every time I went to place a building, it crashed to the desktop. I couldn’t work out what was going on, at first, until I realised I only had patch four installed.

Yes, they rely on update 5, mainly because I am working with Destinations which includes update 5. I try to make it as accessible to all players as possible, but I have no way of testing a non-update 5 version.

"RickFromOZ" wrote:
Deluxe, works fine. The only thing I did notice was in the sub categories, where it shows you creepy, gaming, etc. Your sub category came up as a ‘missing string.’ It works, I may just need to change the file description, into my version of English.

The mods are great and thanks for posting them. :)

You are msot welcome :D

What building/categoreis are missing strings?

You shouldn't experience any unless the mod downloaded is for the wrong version of the game. Or (and this is probably the case) I screwed something up.

As far as my limited research can tell the DELUXE is just SimCity vanilla with update 5 included.
While Destinations is an expansion add-on.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 pm

RickFromOZ posted a screenshot of an airport to show how the Korean Air Lines texture looks in-game. So I'm assuming that "Deluxe" edition includes SCS: Destinations. It'd be kind of odd if it just was Patch 5 SCS since Patch 5 is already downloadable without charge (if you have vanilla SCS). ;)

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:40 pm

"Azeem" wrote:RickFromOZ posted a screenshot of an airport to show how the Korean Air Lines texture looks in-game. So I'm assuming that "Deluxe" edition includes SCS: Destinations. It'd be kind of odd if it just was Patch 5 SCS since Patch 5 is already downloadable without charge (if you have vanilla SCS). ;)

I agree, but I spoke to someone who said they had Deluxe and said they did not have any of the travelers and toursit traps etc.
But apparently I was misinformed.

RickFromOZ

Postby RickFromOZ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Midrealm & Azeem,

Thank you both for all your effort with mods and re-skins, etc. :D

(BTW, I’m sorry I forgot to mention I’m using two computers. I probably got both of you confused by not mentioning this.) :o

There seems to be some confusion with the naming, boxing and distributing the same game, in different countries. If I can use an example here:

Take the latest version of the ‘Anno game series’, which was released just over a month ago. In Australia, it’s simply called ‘Anno 1404.’ In other countries, it’s called ‘Dawn of Discovery.’ Yet, they’re both identical.

When SCS was released in November 2007, if you pre-ordered it, or purchased it as soon as it was released, it included a bonus CD of SC3K. I have this original release. The box cover clearly states this ‘bonus’ CD. Then it went back to its normal cover. (See Pic 1 of my normal box sleave.) There’s no problem with either cover, as it’s quite obvious it’s SCS.

However, when the SCS Destinations Expansion Pack was released, the only way to buy it here in Australia, (other than a digital download), was a boxed version called ‘SimCity Societies Deluxe Edition.’ This included ‘SimCity Societies’ plus the ‘SimCity Societies Destinations’ Expansion Pack. The only other thing in this boxed version, was a trial version of ‘Spore Creature Creator.’ (See Pic 2 of my box sleave.) Note that is says ‘SimCity Societies REMASTERED.’ All that is, is the five patches combined, which included more buildings and disasters, bug fixes, etc.

You had a choice. You could install SCS only. If you had already had SCS installed, you could install the SCS Destinations Expansion Pack, which automatically installed the necessary patches, if needed. Or if you didn’t have SCS, you could install the whole lot, which is fine.

However in some countries you could buy the ‘The SimCity Box.’ (See Pic 3.) It was (and still is) publicly advertised on EA’s, SCS home page. This was never released here in Australia, which caused confusion. Both people and retailers were left in the dark, about this, which was caused by the distributor. :eek:

As far as I can recall, a ‘stand alone’ boxed SCS Destinations Expansion Pack, was never released, anywhere. I think this where the confusion started. Although when you look closely at Pic 3, it seems to suggest that it is an independent boxed pack.

Midrealm, you said “I agree, but I spoke to someone who said they had Deluxe and said they did not have any of the travellers and tourist traps etc. But apparently I was misinformed.”

I have the ‘star ratings’, ‘tourist traps’ and have re-skinned my aircraft, from Azeem, to Korean Air, last year. The only thing I can think of is confusion between the ‘Remastered Version’, which simply included the free patches, versus the ‘Deluxe Version’, which has the expansion pack.

Also, “Yes, they rely on update 5, mainly because I am working with Destinations which includes update 5. I try to make it as accessible to all players as possible, but I have no way of testing a non-update 5 version.”

Yeah, I thought that was the case. Thanks for letting me know. It’s actually running on Windows Vista Ultimate, (32) SP2. Even though I haven’t installed SCS patch five, it’s very reliable. With MS OS Updates and Service Packs, over the past several months, has made Vista less “bloat-ware” and more compatible with programs that demand high power. I may just leave it and use my other computer to run the complete package, like I’m doing now.

And “What building/categories are missing strings? You shouldn't experience any unless the mod downloaded is for the wrong version of the game. Or (and this is probably the case) I screwed something up.”

The buildings come up fine and are named. I just noticed this, (see pic 4), the actual missing string appears in a sub category. You might not have ‘screwed up.’ I’m just wondering if someone else has downloaded your mod, can check this? The fault may well be at this end. It doesn’t affect anything, both the mods and the game, work well.

Oh, thanks for the tip about the Laundromat. I’ll take full advantage of it! ;)

Rick. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:27 pm

"RickFromOZ" wrote:There seems to be some confusion with the naming, boxing and distributing the same game, in different countries. If I can use an example here:

Thanks for the info - while it is informative, it does make me wonder what compeled them to release so many versions, unless they were trying to manufacture deliberate confusion.

Again I call into question the pack of monkey's that EA employs in it's marketing department.

"RickFromOZ" wrote:And “What building/categories are missing strings? You shouldn't experience any unless the mod downloaded is for the wrong version of the game. Or (and this is probably the case) I screwed something up.”

The buildings come up fine and are named. I just noticed this, (see pic 4), the actual missing string appears in a sub category. You might not have ‘screwed up.’ I’m just wondering if someone else has downloaded your mod, can check this? The fault may well be at this end. It doesn’t affect anything, both the mods and the game, work well.

Oh, thanks for the tip about the Laundromat. I’ll take full advantage of it! ;)
Rick. :)

Is it only in the Chop Shop?

The Chop Shop should belog to 3 categories (well 4 if you count 'all')
'Syndicate'
'Retail'
and 'Adventure'

The Adventure category applies only in Destinations, although it may be called something different in other countries.

If you are running Non-Destinations look for a file called MR2_Adventure.xml and then back it up and remove it and see if that fixes the problem.

I am concerned that the building doesn't appear to be displaying the icons for Syndicate or Retail categories either. Does it show up in those categories?
It is possible the missing string category is interfering.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so what building and what version of Simcieities are you running. Thank you.
=-=-

MidrealmDM70

Buggy? - perhaps

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

It has come to my attention that when using the Bookie to change a gaming venue to 'syndicate' that the syndicate bonuses from the Bookie do not apply to the newly changed venue. (Or at least it doesn't for some poeple) :o

I'm not sure why this is but if you simply save and reload (I suggest using the quicksave and quickload keys) the bonuses will then be applied.

If anyone encounters any other problems let me know.

Lisen801

Postby Lisen801 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

I just started palying SimCity Societies Destination and surfing around for tips and trix and found this site. I have never download anything för SimCity before but want to try something and then I found your marvellous "SyndicateMod" and found it awesomel So I had to register to thank you very much for this and now I hope that I can install it!

Lisen

(Sorry for my english it's not my native language)

Dark Paladin X

Postby Dark Paladin X » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Hehehe...now I can truely make a city based out of Detroit if you know what I mean.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 am

"Lisen801" wrote:I just started palying SimCity Societies Destination and surfing around for tips and trix and found this site. I have never download anything för SimCity before but want to try something and then I found your marvellous "SyndicateMod" and found it awesomel So I had to register to thank you very much for this and now I hope that I can install it!

Lisen

(Sorry for my english it's not my native language)

Your english is great! I am glad you liked the mod, thank you for the compliments and I hope you enjoy the game.
If you are interested in putting together localization files to translate the building anmes and descriptions into your native language, I would love to help. It would be nice to see something like that posted.

Thanks again for the feedback

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm

downloaded these, too. Seems that all the buildings are showing up, after I've copied/pasted some files (don't ask where what how). I have the boxed EU Deluxe Version, but only Societies works.

bearblue

Loving the mod, small bug report

Postby bearblue » Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm

I love the mod! I always make one neighborhood that keeps the cops busy and I love having some variety there. Also, I enjoy the - heh -aura of it. That said, I noticed that when some of the strippers were sent out of the strip club to "entice," folk to visit, the strippers were all named "Error with names."

It's possible I missed a file direction, but in case it wasn't something I'd done, I thought I'd let you know. Everything else is otherwise showing, displaying and acting as one might wish.

*good thoughts and major thumbs up!*

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:09 pm

"bearblue" wrote:I love the mod! I always make one neighborhood that keeps the cops busy and I love having some variety there. Also, I enjoy the - heh -aura of it.

*good thoughts and major thumbs up!*

Thank you, it is always nice to hear feedback :D

"bearblue" wrote:That said, I noticed that when some of the strippers were sent out of the strip club to "entice," folk to visit, the strippers were all named "Error with names."

It's possible I missed a file direction, but in case it wasn't something I'd done, I thought I'd let you know. Everything else is otherwise showing, displaying and acting as one might wish.

I hope it wasn't left out,
You are looking for a file called MR2_Names.xml

It should be installed here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies\Localization\en_us\SimNames\

If you are running Destinations, you may have to move/Copy this file to:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\Localization\en_us\SimNames\

Just in case you don't have the file, I've attached it here

bearblue

Ooh! Thank you!

Postby bearblue » Tue May 11, 2010 6:37 am

*grabs!* Thank you very much! *bows in respect* *runs to add it and play*

Return to “Mods (Files)”