Syndicate Mod

Post or download mods and height maps here!
moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 am

hi

I also have two "Missing String" the one pre-wiew shows the Saloon and Stage Coach, the other one shows the Livery Stable and Chop Shop.

Have copied and pasted the file (MR2_Names.xml), that did not change anything.

But those buildings are working fine for me, so I don't mind under which sections they appear.

Oh and I was going to tell you that the Lottery Office only shows the pre-view and when I want to place it, all I get is a white blip on a square.. don't know 5 x 5 or something like that.

Am looking forward to any other MODS, hoping they will play in Societies. Still unable to play Destinations.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:52 pm

"moonmonika" wrote:I also have two "Missing String" the one pre-wiew shows the Saloon and Stage Coach, the other one shows the Livery Stable and Chop Shop.

Have copied and pasted the file (MR2_Names.xml), that did not change anything.

Can you send / post a screen shot.

"moonmonika" wrote:Oh and I was going to tell you that the Lottery Office only shows the pre-view and when I want to place it, all I get is a white blip on a square.. don't know 5 x 5 or something like that.

This is because of a missing model (.xac file) for the building.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm

hi again

sorry I have no clue how to take screen shots in the game. I was wondering why the file which you attached would make a difference, it only has Names for Sims and nothing else, how does that affect the buildings?. But then what do I know. lol

of course I know how to make screen shots, just had to change the display mode to "windowed" :D

and I need to mention that of course almost all of the streets come up in the "missing Strings"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by moonmonika on Thu May 13, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added screenshots

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:13 pm

"moonmonika" wrote:sorry I have no clue how to take screen shots in the game.

Pressing the 'Print Screen' button during game play saves a screenshot into a subfolder of the folder where your saved game files are located. I forget the exact location right now.

"moonmonika" wrote:I was wondering why the file which you attached would make a difference, it only has Names for Sims and nothing else, how does that affect the buildings?. But then what do I know. lol

Nothing - It only controls Sim Names ... I misunderstood what the problem was.

This error has to do with Building categories, specifically it is looking for categories that are destinations only.

Look in the Categories folder for these files MRW_Leisure.xml, MRW_Adventure.xml, MR2_Adventure.xml
Remove them (or rename them with .txt extension so the game won't recognize them) and the problem should clear up.
If not let me know.

"moonmonika" wrote:and I need to mention that of course almost all of the streets come up in the "missing Strings"

Yes, that I am afraid I can't help you with. The Environmental mod was made entirely under Destinations and I am unable to test it outside of the Destinations operational system. Since I have never made an environment outside of Destinations, I am not sure what to correct.
:(

But at least the roads work, yes?

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Fri May 14, 2010 5:15 pm

HI

oh yes roads are working, I was not complaining, just thought you wanted to know :)

I re-named those files and no more "Missing Strings" sections.

I searched for a .xac for the Lottery, but could not find it anywhere. Do you perhaps have it for me please?

Vexik

Postby Vexik » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 am

Like some other posters, I too joined the forum to applaud this mod. It really gives a sense of character to a neighborhood or, as I run it, a city as a total. Industrialism and Capitalism aren't the same as Crime, and this fills that niche. Nicely done.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:07 pm

"Vexik" wrote:Like some other posters, I too joined the forum to applaud this mod. It really gives a sense of character to a neighborhood or, as I run it, a city as a total. Industrialism and Capitalism aren't the same as Crime, and this fills that niche. Nicely done.

Thank you, Its always nice to hear from people who appreciate the works. (Or even those who don't - I'm open to criticism and suggestions).
It certainly helps keep me motivated to do more -

hockinsonjohn

Wow

Postby hockinsonjohn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 am

I've had this game for a few days now and decided to check out the whole moding thing for it and was like WOW :) \
I found this site looking at the mod site the game directs you to and found you guys and this will most deff be the first mod i download and check out for sure . Im running of 3g on my laptop so it dont look like it is going to let me download it now so mabe have to be tommorow at work :( then ill have to find a free winrar or something to unpack em with any suggestions?

R8-Q88

Postby R8-Q88 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Get 7-Zip. It's free, and not a 30 day trial like WinRar.

gyrobot

Postby gyrobot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 am

For some reason, the name of the buildings and desciption of the buildings don't appear. Too bad this forum is kind of dead

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:09 pm

The answer to that question is in my FAQ.

Building Txt.xml files for mods have to go in the main install folder's Localization folder.

DeadDan

Postby DeadDan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm

i know i am posting on a dead post and i know this is more than likely wrong but is there any possibility that anyone still has this mod? i recently decided to look up mods for scs :d and i kinda wanted to try this one out. the attachments in the first post arent working at all. ive tried right clicking and save as but that wants to save it as a img, and clicking just wants to show a apparent little message. im not even sure these forums are still active.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 pm

pcgamer2's compilation should have it included.

TurtleShroom

Postby TurtleShroom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

You want commentary? Fine.

THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE MODS AND I JUST LOVE IT TO BITS BECAUSE IT'S EPIC. Seriously, I had the same thought about more Syndicate stuff, and was beyond pleased to see this happen.

Did you know that the "Syndicate Muscle" goons actually spawn more frequently as you add more Syndicate Houses? I learned that in Free Play's sandbox mode. They guard the house from crime. It was an amazing bonus.

I refused to add the strip joint, though, for RL religious reasons, and because I didn't want naked, topless female Sims. That's disgusting.
-
Jesus loves yiou and died for you! :D

brooks1986

Postby brooks1986 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:19 pm

I've downloaded your mod. While I love the idea, it would be nice if I could see the name, description and the abilities of the buildings. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling, but still nothing. I'm running Destinations, so that's not the issue. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Return to “Mods (Files)”