Power Pack Mod

Post or download mods and height maps here!
MidrealmDM70

Power Pack Mod

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Azeem and I teamed up to produce a collection of Power related buildings.

Four new power generating buildings and Two new workplaces.

The workplaces will need some additional files from another mod to function properly, these can be found here.

NOTE: After installing the core you may have to move a file to make it work properly

Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies\Data\
OR
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program Data\SimCity Societies\Data\
if you are running Vista

Look for a folder labeld 'scripts'

Inside there will be a file listed as Ability_Subsidize.cs

COPY this file and move it into
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\Data\scripts\
OR
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\DataXP1\scripts\
if you are running destinations.

If running Destinations, copy it to the second location only.

The main mod is attached below.

As always - feeback, comments, and any bug reports are appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MidrealmDM70 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 am, edited 7 times in total.

MotorStefan95

Postby MotorStefan95 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks Azeem and MidrealmDM70. It was a long wait but totally worth it. :D I will report any bugs if i find any. :)

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

"MotorStefan95" wrote:Thanks Azeem and MidrealmDM70. It was a long wait but totally worth it. :D I will report any bugs if i find any. :)

I play tested most of them and they seem to work.

Not sure how Hydrothermal will react in a non-destinations environment.
Since there were no shoreline buildings prior to that.

Also let me know if you feel anything is underpowered/overpowered.
I debated the cost/power ratios on both the Plasma Fusion and Cold Fusion plants

R8-Q88

Crash

Postby R8-Q88 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:16 pm

I have the Power Pack and the MRC Core Mod that it needs installed and I love the power buildings, however if I open the workplaces and scroll down to where I get to the workplaces that start with ce my game crashes to my desktop.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

"R8-Q88" wrote:I have the Power Pack and the MRC Core Mod that it needs installed and I love the power buildings, however if I open the workplaces and scroll down to where I get to the workplaces that start with ce my game crashes to my desktop.

OUCH!
The problem is probably the Dept of Energy
I had to write a special script for it to make it work.
You can test this by removing the AzMrB_EnergyDept.xml file from the game folders where the mod installed.

If that works in preventing the game from crashing then you can put the building xml back and try this to make the script run properly.
If it doesn't work, let me know and I will see what else the problem might be.

Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies\Data\
OR
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program Data\SimCity Societies\Data\
if you are running Vista

Look for a folder labeld 'scripts'

Inside there will be a file listed as Ability_Subsidize.cs

COPY this file and move it into
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\Data\scripts\
OR
if you are running destinations.

If running Destinations, copy it to the second location only.
Last edited by MidrealmDM70 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

R8-Q88

Crash

Postby R8-Q88 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah, the Dept. of Energy is the problem, but what if you're running Windows 7 (which I have)? It has a different setup.
Last edited by R8-Q88 on Tue May 25, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm

"R8-Q88" wrote:Yeah, the Dept. of Energy is the problem, but what if you're running Windows 7 (which I have)? It has a different setup.

Well it should still be the same script file.

Basically you will need to copy it from wherever it installed to.
and place a copy in the game directory structure.

If that works, let me know the directory structure paths so I can post them for others who might be having the same problem.

R8-Q88

Quick Question

Postby R8-Q88 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Quick Question-Can you delete the MRC Core Mod from the mod manager in SCS after you've copied and pasted the script file?

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

"R8-Q88" wrote:Quick Question-Can you delete the MRC Core Mod from the mod manager in SCS after you've copied and pasted the script file?

Yes, but the script won't work as there are additional files required to make it to work.

I put the core mod together because I noticed I kept using the same files over and over in mods. And thought rather than repeat the effort, just have players add the core mod, and then I can build off of that.

If this isn't a good idea, I can go back to the old way of doing things and make each mod completely independant.

R8-Q88

Postby R8-Q88 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Ah ha, now that I think about it, that is a really good Idea.

R8-Q88

subsidize.cs

Postby R8-Q88 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:41 pm

All I found was a file named Ability_Subsidize.cs in C:/ProgramData/SimCity Societies/Data/scripts, but when I copied and pasted it into both locations and tried to play SCS I got past the launcher window but then it gave me a script error and aborted. Do you have any clue of what to do?
Last edited by R8-Q88 on Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:51 am

"R8-Q88" wrote:All I found was a file named Ability_Subsidize.cs in C:/ProgramData/SimCity Societies/Data/scripts, but when I copied and pasted it into both locations and tried to play SCS I got past the launcher window but then it gave me a script error and aborted. Do you have any clue of what to do?

Ok - Ive looked at what I have --

The file is located in both these two locations ONLY

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies\Data\scripts\

and it seems to run fine.

You also need
MRCAbilities.xml in this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies\Data\XMLDb\Game\Abilities\
(but it should have installed there with the mod)

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

R8-Q88

Postby R8-Q88 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:57 pm

I have done everything you said in the previous post, and it still crashes at the exact same spot when I first installed it.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sat May 29, 2010 8:03 pm

remember I told you my game was unplayable but I could not pin point which mod made it crash as I had installed quite a few at once the other day and then poof the game was gone.

Now I remember I also had a script error problem, quoting that file as the problem... the Ability_subsidize script one, and the game would not load at all.

I un-installed and re-installed the game twice and almost all of my Mods, but I didn't do this power plant mod 'cause I forgot I had this.

I don't really want to try this again, fearing I have to spend days to get my game back.

Would like to hear from others if the mod works or not. Of course it's also possible that not all files unpacked, I have that problem, too, that in some mods only half the files unpack for some unknown reason.

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:23 am

"moonmonika" wrote:remember I told you my game was unplayable but I could not pin point which mod made it crash as I had installed quite a few at once the other day and then poof the game was gone.

Now I remember I also had a script error problem, quoting that file as the problem... the Ability_subsidize script one, and the game would not load at all.

I un-installed and re-installed the game twice and almost all of my Mods, but I didn't do this power plant mod 'cause I forgot I had this.

I don't really want to try this again, fearing I have to spend days to get my game back.

Would like to hear from others if the mod works or not. Of course it's also possible that not all files unpacked, I have that problem, too, that in some mods only half the files unpack for some unknown reason.

I would like to hear from everyone as well, because It seems to run fine on my system. But it is possible I forgot to include a file in the mod. :(

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am

I took the plunge and installed both files and am happy to report that all is well in Power Pack Land :)

Fantastic, and thank you so much. It is also a great help that you've included the English-Uk Localization file, that helps and we Europeans who chose English UK don't have to copy/paste that file :)

BAD NEWS:

I had to un-install the mod as the game turned into Crash City. Am not sure at which point, I placed a few power plants, changed to Government, wanted to see what was showing in that category as I think I'm missing a workplace and then it started crashing. No matter what I tried it just crashed after it was loaded and I loaded my city.

Back to the drawing board for me. Am not going to use this Mod, damn pity, power plants looked nice.
Last edited by moonmonika on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NOT Working

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm

"MidrealmDM70" wrote:I would like to hear from everyone as well, because It seems to run fine on my system. But it is possible I forgot to include a file in the mod. :(

I'm not experiencing any problems with the modpack. Everything is running smoothly for me. :)

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm

"Azeem" wrote:I'm not experiencing any problems with the modpack. Everything is running smoothly for me. :)

When you use the Energy Company, does the ability
work to cause a large drop in available energy while adding money to treasury each day?

MidrealmDM70

Postby MidrealmDM70 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 pm

"R8-Q88" wrote:I have done everything you said in the previous post, and it still crashes at the exact same spot when I first installed it.

:confused: Only thing I can say at this point is to remove the offending building's xml.
I wish I knew why it works on some but not on others :confused:

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 pm

could you give me a list of the names of the power plants and I believe it has two work places, the way they appear in the preview window? the names in the pre-view differ from what is shown in the files and I could not find them all either. I think I only had one workplace energy something?

I want to enable the Mod and check what unpacked for me, maybe it plays long enough for me to find that out. And which would be the best theme filter to use to find them all...

Return to “Mods (Files)”