[MOD] Brick Houses

Post or download mods and height maps here!
Azeem

[MOD] Brick Houses

Postby Azeem » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 am

Some more small-town or small city housing for your Korean-themed cities. I couldn't find any model that looks exactly like actual Korean modern brick homes, so the Pueblos were the closest.

Many modern homes in Korea are made of brick. Quite a number are bland two-story buildings with flat-topped roofs where people would hang their laundry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:26 pm

thank you, these look great :)

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

bummer is not showing up, strange, I seem to have all the files, but perhaps it's only for Destinations?

What would be the name of these houses? :mad:

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 pm

The buildings are simply called "Brick Houses." It may not be showing up because the file path for the Localization text is a Destinations folder. Are you sure the icons don't appear on your buildings menu?

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:19 pm

hi
I always copy the localization files to where I need them, but I see the Korean Building file dates to March .. is that correct? Nothing in there about Brick Homes.

I've attached the file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I thought I included the updated Korean BuildingText.xml file in the SCS Pack. But if that's not the case, then here it is.

Do you at least see the building portraits in the build menu?

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:56 pm

thanks for the file. No I see nothing. I have a number of MODS where I don't have a name, but that's ok, I just use them 'cause they look pretty, not that I can remember what they do hehe.

But your Brick Homes are not showing up at all. I guess something else might be wrong, or they only play in Destinations? Would be strange though seeing that they're buildings.

Will copy the file and overwrite the existing one and then report back.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I copied that file into all the localization folders UK and US English, but that did nothing.

I had a look at that file and realized that I have some of those buildings and not others, do not know which ones, as the names in the file seem to differ from the ones in the pre-view, not under the names listed in the localization file. I think I found something called... Traditional Homes, but I'm not sure if they are yours. I have a few workplaces/venues without any names, but I don't know if they're yours.

I've had that problem before with other Mods, where I thought I had all the files but actually had nothing.

I searched for some of the building names but can't find them in the pre-view window.

btw I have the De Luxe Boxed version, but my Destinations does not load, so I can only play Societies.

Perhaps, if you don't mind you could send me the files as .zip, then I can try and place them as per your localization file.

But if that is too much work, don't worry.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Here's the ZIP file as requested.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 am

thank you for the files, will install them asap :)

a few files missing, but I had them from the original MOD.. unfortunately it's not working for me. the houses do not show up.
I don't understand. I mean these are only houses and do not do anything, yet I can't get them to show up for me in Societies.

Your "Traditional Homes" show up... beats me.
Last edited by moonmonika on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Odd. Are you sure there are at least no nameless buildings on the housing build menu? Post a screenshot of your build menu.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 am

I do have nameless buildings/venues/workplaces, but not your Brick Home. Screen shots attached

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am

Why is the "Productivity" icon in your interface more transparent? The Brick Houses technically are under Productivity.

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 pm

that's a very good question, I have no idea why that is blanked out. :confused: did not even notice.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 pm

:confused: Are you able to click on the Productivity icon?

moonmonika

Postby moonmonika » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 pm

hi

yes thanks, I can click on that icon and then I had the Brick Homes :)

surely all these icons should come up unless I want to filter one specific icon, this seems to be the other way round. I just have to remember to check that I have all my icons showing.

Return to “Mods (Files)”