Is there more to this game?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Blue Ghost

Is there more to this game?

Postby Blue Ghost » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Okay, I finally bought and played Hinterland, but I'm not that impressed. If feels very much like a 3D accelerated flash game, and gets pretty old pretty fast. In fact I finished a map the day I bought and installed it. At the final screen the king says I can play the current map for a few more days or move on, and then he says I can play in a different part of the kingdom. But the game seems to end there without letting me move onto a different piece of real estate.

Is there some kind of option or tab I'm supposed to click on to get my guy to another part of the realm?

Any response would be appreciated.

Tinkerbell

Re: Is there more to this game?

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:24 am

That is the end of the game. Now you can start over with a different character, change the map size, difficulty, resources, raiders, etc. You can also build your town many different ways & advance different townies into your adventuring party. There are hundreds of different possibilities with each character.

Something tells me you just did a basic run through on possibly the smallest map w/o difficulty nor raiders. Much of the game is missed on small maps cuz you don't have the game length to advance characters that cost a lot to bring to your town.

The game also keeps a high score table that you can try to beat.

Blue Ghost

Postby Blue Ghost » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 am

Well, a few people from the old Lords of Magic BBS said this was like LOM, but it's nothing like LOM. It's not turn based, it's one 3D accelerated map, without different tactical and strategic maps, and I actually did play with raiders. And you can't conquer other kindgoms, just defeat more powerful enemies.

It's not a horrible game, but it's not LOM in the least. LOM generated a story with your actions. This just gives you one giant kill fest.

I played on the largest map on the hardest setting, tried a few different character types, but am not really into it.

I don't like it that much.

Blade

Postby Blade » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 am

If you're looking for a spiritual sequel to Lords of Magic, you're looking for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress.

Return to “General Discussion”