Released this Month?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:24 am

LOL, you could be right.. am in a blur right now getting ready to return to school. Fall semester in August.. geeeez.

Just was a note that we have more than a month more of summer.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Well, perhaps we shouldn't discuss any more when does summer end. On IGN site it says "Release Date: December 31, 2008" :eek:
http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14265968.html

Nyarlahotep

not

Postby Nyarlahotep » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 pm

anymore

*edit*

well not at the top release date anyway

(i feel sheepish)

bitobah

Postby bitobah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:41 am

IGN makes stuff up when they don't know the real dates. I wouldn't trust them. I'm not saying that they will/will not make the "Summer" date, I'm just saying IGN probably doesn't know anything more than we do.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 am

but Gamespy also said that it as to be released in Q4 :confused:

ofcourse that was mentioned already lol

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:51 am

Didn't Reed say that any change in release date would be reflected on the company website?

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:49 am

/me sighs

yes and it still says

Coming Summer '08

I was actually hoping it would be pushed back because then they might be adding some of our suggestions. :o

Aushun

Postby Aushun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:26 am

Keep in mind that with an online release and a $20 price tag, Hinterland isn't your regular PC game, so the usual worries about competition with other titles etc may not necessarily apply. I think is the important thing at the moment is to make the game as great as possible and get some good reviews since they're about the only way to generate sales; there's no existing brand name like Caesar or SimCity to rely on, and the online game community (which is virtually Hinterland's only audience atm) relies on reviews a fair bit more than the average consumer. So good reviews+low price point is pretty much the sales model for Hinterland. To that end TM should take as long as they need, but maybe tell us/confirm the release date if they're not too busy. :)
Last edited by Aushun on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ivot

Postby ivot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:36 am

It's good to hear that beta is getting ready to get underway but I think that it also means that Hinterland is definitely NOT coming out this month. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps we are looking at late September for a release.

Psalm51

Postby Psalm51 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:03 pm

I am all for giving Tilted Mill lots of time with their new venture. Having acquired the IP to Children of the Nile, released an updated version of the game on Steam and made the Steam release upgrades patch available to existing owners of CotN, committed to release an campaign/scenario pack for CotN, released the most recent Sim City Societies expansion and got Hinterland in the late stage of development, well, I'm impressed (smily face.) The words to use here might be "cut them some slack"...

fleshtonegolem

Postby fleshtonegolem » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 pm

As far as release dates go, I've never had a game I was waiting for come out at the original posted date.

I think Oblivion was over a year late and Mount and Blade is still Shooting for Sept, all though it was supposed to be finished up in April.

Release dates are always best case scenario guesses.

I'd rather wait a little longer for any game to come out if it's less buggy.

I can't stand installing a game and then finding out you need a huge download patch just to play it on Vista.

That's happen to me twice already. It's gotten a bit better since Vista has been out for a few years though.

I agree with Ivot on what the beta means. Typically they would have beta tested it at least a month or two prior to intended release.

Unless they are damn sure it's nearly bug free.

Yonder

Postby Yonder » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:50 am

I believe that the EULA thing that you had to agree to when you apply to Beta test said that the Beta test would end in November, so that December estimate may not be that far off.

It's worthless to speculate though, just gets us all riled up and excited. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing I suppose.

angelisis

Postby angelisis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:11 am

yeah bit of a wait yet.....but then that whats the forumn is for keep us occupied till then

Return to “General Discussion”