Hinterland just in English now

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Benni003

Hinterland just in English now

Postby Benni003 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:45 pm

HI, I'm really happy that Hinterland was released, but why Hinterland is just in English now? I can't wait :(

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 pm

"Benni003" wrote:HI, I'm really happy that Hinterland was released, but why Hinterland is just in English now? I can't wait :(

Its the best language to launch with. Maybe they'll be able to add others later on. What language are you after?

Also its worth learning English in this global community that depends more and more on the internet. I did 20 years ago and still reaping the profits of it.

Nenjin

Postby Nenjin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Localizing in different languages takes quite a bit of time and $$. Not sure if their plans to offer it in other languages is based on how well it sells, or if that's just coming later.

Benni003

Postby Benni003 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:32 am

I'm waiting for the German version, because my English is not really good.
I must wait patiently....I hope it will be released in the following days ;)

Jeff Fiske

French, German and Spanish in process...

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am

Hopefully you will not have to wait too long. French, German and Spanish are all coming.

I would rather not speculate on a time frame as there is always a couple of last minute things that come up with them. (It should be in days counted on your hands, plus or minus a few toes or fingers!!:eek :)

Benni003

Postby Benni003 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:45 am

Ok, thank you Tilted Mill ;)

Greylord

Postby Greylord » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:Hopefully you will not have to wait too long. French, German and Spanish are all coming.

I would rather not speculate on a time frame as there is always a couple of last minute things that come up with them. (It should be in days counted on your hands, plus or minus a few toes or fingers!!:eek :)
Please, tell me these languages will come in a patch for the current Steam release, and will not be full versions to purchase on their own.

I mean, I bought the game as soon as I saw it in the Steam homepage, thinking the only available language would be english.

I'm spanish, don't tell me I have to buy the game again somewhere else :(

Greylord

Postby Greylord » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm

"Greylord" wrote:Please, tell me these languages will come in a patch for the current Steam release, and will not be full versions to purchase on their own.

I mean, I bought the game as soon as I saw it in the Steam homepage, thinking the only available language would be english.

I'm spanish, don't tell me I have to buy the game again somewhere else :(
Any news on this, Jeff? :(

Return to “General Discussion”