Multiplayer Coop

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Digit

Multiplayer Coop

Postby Digit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 am

Hello,

I am sure this has been said before, but the game looks very interesting from the videos and such and I think you guys have done a good job, my main criticism is the lack of multiplayer, as much as single player is fun, it pales in comparison to coop play. Not to put too finer point on it, but coop can make even bad games fun. If coop ever rears it's head, you will net yourself a few sure sales from me, my wife and friends. I dare say there are others who feel the same.

Otherwise, all the best and good luck with the game.

Cheers,
Digit

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:24 pm

There are so many options for Hinterland's growth. I'd love to see an XPack with more options for the magical sites around the map. One has to take this one step at a time.

TM's devs are known for supporting their products. Now without a publisher to throttle their fixes, they can update quickly and every player will get the fix via logging into the game.

If folks really LIKE Hinterland, it's my opinion that TM would expand the core game... All it takes is money! Buy Buy! I am happy with this game as it stands for its 20USD price and would pay for an expansion.

Digit

Postby Digit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:30 am

So you would suggest purchasing in order to promote interest and help the developers create additional content? I can see the logic in that I guess, it would be nice to hear from someone in the team and see what they think. I mean, what if coop isn't even viable or on the cards?

Miut

Postby Miut » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 am

What you can do is share a starting map with a friend. Not the same, I know, but still fun to see who gets the higher score.

Loot is random, of course, but you both start with the same map and sites.

Digit

Postby Digit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:21 pm

"Miut" wrote:What you can do is share a starting map with a friend. Not the same, I know, but still fun to see who gets the higher score.

Loot is random, of course, but you both start with the same map and sites.

That's kind of a neat idea, but yeah as you say not quite comparable. Thanks for the info though. :)

Ok well I am debating about buying this or not. On one hand, I'm tempted to because that empowers the developers to make new content (and also more new games) and on the other hand I'm wondering if my meagre $20 is even worth it, and I may just be burned with a game I won't play and none of the content I'm interested in even given the time down the line.

Decisions decision. >_>

Nenjin

Postby Nenjin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 pm

I don't think every single game made needs MP. MP has become an obligatory feature to gamers. The minute you make a game MP you change it's dynamic. I like that there are still games being made with the sole focus being the single player experience.

So you would suggest purchasing in order to promote interest and help the developers create additional content?

Something has to pay the bills and fund the time devs spend working on improving the game. No sales, no paychecks, no updates. The real question is if TM sees themselves putting more work in Hinterland.

Digit

Postby Digit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 am

You can still have single player, multiplayer just increases the game scope. I mean look at Diablo, the game changed not a bit between multiplayer and single player, in fact, single player even had more quests in the original, the sequel was identical. I think multiplayer coop should be obligatory. Competative multiplayer I'm not so fussed about, most games have that as a mode nowadays, and it's usually a throw-away mode. Very few games have active and successful multiplayer comp communities.

OhhJim

Postby OhhJim » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:31 am

Some games (Diablo) do well in both single player and multiplayer. Granted, there aren't that many Diablos.

Return to “General Discussion”