Put this one on Impulse

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Shadowdragoon

Postby Shadowdragoon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 pm

"Zoomba" wrote:When we get newer games (like Hinterland) we bump them to the front of the line so their release is timely. We have been working very hard to get new releases onto Impulse, but since the service is new (to 3rd party titles at least), it takes a while to build up momentum.

I can't wait for next week when everyone here, who's been waiting so patiently, can finally get their hands on the game. I was playing it a bit this afternoon for testing, and it's a blast!

-Z

THank you thank you..
will it arive before Thursday? (if my english dont fail me fully here, its the 4th day of the week always mix 2 and fourht to closesounding for me) as im going on a trip then, and it would be great to have it with me. :)

and im pretty sure i soon have worn the Tilted Mill button on Impulse out.. /em whistles innocently

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:18 pm

With 3,400 thread views, I think you aren't alone in wearin' that button out. :D

Itharus

Postby Itharus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:32 pm

WOOT!

I hate that word... but it just fits for this. God, I am SOoooo glad I didn't go ahead with Gamer's Gate the other day like I almost did, I had my finger over the button too.

Then, in my head, I randomly heard Darth Vadar say "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - and I clicked out last minute ^_^.

-Itharus

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:55 pm

You got the vader voice? I got the Yoda one when I was ready to click "Buy" on GamersGate. It said "Patience you have not", so I didn't click. :D

Yarlen posted "Early this week" as arrival. I have Tuesday off work, so I am hoping Tuesday it appears. Monday or Tuesday would qualify as "Early", Wednesday wouldn't. :p

I'd like to do some Hinterland on Monday or Tuesday night for sure.

Shadowdragoon

Postby Shadowdragoon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 am

Yes, me too.. hmm, yust 13 hours 30 min left of tuesday... and i keep checking Impulse moore and moore often.. sigh..

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:17 pm

I see it now on Impulse

Shadowdragoon

Postby Shadowdragoon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Yupp, im installing it now. :) FINALLY.. hehe..

Chris Beatrice

We exist only to serve...

Postby Chris Beatrice » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:11 pm

Yes, due to "popular demand" we have indeed put Hinterland on Impulse. In the coming weeks we will continue to respond, as best we can, to your wishes, desires, suggestions and requests for Hinterland.

Enjoy,

-Chris

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm

It's "Kinda" up. I couldn't find it on their website, nor in the Impulse Client itself. So I used the link off of the Tilted Mill page itself. Purchased it, received a confirmation email.

But the game doesn't appear in Impulse, and I wasn't emailed a code to activate it. Here's hoping it gets sorted out. I've never actually had any trouble with impulse before, I suspect this is due to them not being actually "Ready" to sell it just this second. <shrug>

Shadowdragoon

Postby Shadowdragoon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:12 pm

"Kobra2009" wrote:It's "Kinda" up. I couldn't find it on their website, nor in the Impulse Client itself. So I used the link off of the Tilted Mill page itself. Purchased it, received a confirmation email.

But the game doesn't appear in Impulse, and I wasn't emailed a code to activate it. Here's hoping it gets sorted out. I've never actually had any trouble with impulse before, I suspect this is due to them not being actually "Ready" to sell it just this second. <shrug>

Strange, it showed up for me, and no trubble getting it to install, but well, i did ask it to check for updates before it apeared in the my games section. try closing and reentering Impulse.

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 pm

Still doesn't work for me.. Grrrr. I didn't purchase it from "Within" Impulse, but outside of it, but it still should tie-in directly to my impulse account. I want to play tonight, I may have to purchase it a second time, then get a refund for the first order, unless I hear from sales or support, or direct contacts from within Stardock.
Last edited by Kobra2009 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:54 pm

"Kobra2009" wrote:Still doesn't work for me.. Grrrr. I didn't purchase it from "Within" Impulse, but outside of it, but it still should tie-in directly to my impulse account. I want to play tonight, I may have to purchase it a second time, then get a refund for the first order, unless I hear from sales or support, or direct contacts from within Stardock.

Better to go on Stardock forums / open a ticket on support@stardock.com

Have you use the correct e-mail? I know that there could be some problem if someone use paypal linked with an other e-mail.

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 pm

I think I figured it out, most likely an ordering bug.

If you order a "Pre-Order" item along with anything else, the order goes into a black hole and disappears, never allowing the other current items to download, nor posting their serials to your account.

So on my first order, I picked up Sins Entrenchment Pre-order + Hinterland. That one went to the voice, even having someone check Stardock servers doesn't show those purchases tied to my account. I re-ordered again, different credit card. Same problem. Finally the third time, I ordered JUST Hinterland, and everything processed fine and I was able to download the game.

I reported the issue, and requested a refund of the first two orders. That's a pretty significant issue I would think.

kelari

Postby kelari » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 pm

"Chris Beatrice" wrote:Yes, due to "popular demand" we have indeed put Hinterland on Impulse. In the coming weeks we will continue to respond, as best we can, to your wishes, desires, suggestions and requests for Hinterland.

Enjoy,

-Chris

And it's very much appreciated! :D

downloading now...

kel

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:59 pm

"Kobra2009" wrote:I think I figured it out, most likely an ordering bug.

If you order a "Pre-Order" item along with anything else, the order goes into a black hole and disappears, never allowing the other current items to download, nor posting their serials to your account.

Well, it is not a bug, but an undocumented feature: preorders aren't charged immediately, contrary to Steam, but only when a serial key might be issued. That is why you can't use paypal for preordering.

If an available item is put with a preorder item, you need to wait for the preorder to be processed before having a serial key for the available item.
They really need to put a warning on this behavior.

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Yeah, I talked to Mr. Wardell and he said it is a "Kludge" and needs to be addressed.

Needless to say, after a couple abortive attempts I just purchased and am enjoying Hinterland immensely.

Harvester

Postby Harvester » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 am

Boughted! :)

Great game and Thanks for putting it on Impulse.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:04 am

"Kobra2009" wrote:Yeah, I talked to Mr. Wardell

I suppose you know exactly who is Mr. Wardell ? :)

Kobra2009

Postby Kobra2009 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock, a friend of mine. I actually used to work for Stardock.

Yonder

Postby Yonder » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:00 am

I have been traveling a lot and haven't been online. I just saw that Hinterland is now available on Impulse. I am still very busy and have no time to play it, but I wanted to let you guys know that I am backing up my claim and heading over to buy it now.

I really appreciate that you guys listened to us, and I hope this policy continues to work out great for you guys.

Return to “General Discussion”