So I bought the game last night...

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Mi-Go

So I bought the game last night...

Postby Mi-Go » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:05 pm

And it played just fine. And I killed some spiders. And some zombies got smashed. And Lewis, my farmer, got croaked. And I found a crystal ball. And the king got some gold. And I eventually overextended myself. So....

I started again. And I killed some dark elves. And smashed a few orcs. And, well, I spent about 15 minutes playing the game but somehow three and a half hours passed and now I'm at work and I'm way tired.

I'm having a blast with this game. Light, fun action and strategy. I love the grid way things are laid out. Plays like a boardgame. Part Settlers of Catan, and part Warhammer Quest. Lots of fun. lots of variety. Nice job gang.

I'd love it if at some point we could scroll out a little bit as it's sometimes hard to find features, like the portal, once you free up the zone. Also, it'd be nice if there was a window where I could see the cards for all of the folks in village, but the 'T' - town window works pretty well.

Also, when do we get some wallpapers? The painted art is pretty sweet.

It sounds like there's a memory leak from reading other posts so I'd expect a patch sometime soon, but fortunately for me, it worked great 'out of the box' and I'm happy for that. Now, let's spread the word and get folks on-boad, kind of like what happened with Puzzle Quest.

Cheers and enjoy,

Mi-Go

aramann

Postby aramann » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I believe that Chris Beatrice is responsible for that beautiful painted art...
Amazing job.

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah, the painted art is fantastic. Reminds me of the Infinity Engine games. :)

Return to “General Discussion”