Oct 2nd Game Update Released

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Reed

Oct 2nd Game Update Released

Postby Reed » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 pm

The update will be automatically applied to Hinterland when you restart Steam.

Here's the changelist:

• Pet dragons now move at the proper speed
  • Score modifiers for the difficulty setting have been rebalanced
  • When playing on easy, the maximum difficulty level of an encounter has been lowered
  • When playing on difficult or hardcore, enemies will work together more frequently when they fight you
  • Fixed several issues relating to random chests, the way they were distributed in the world, and King's requests for items in chests
  • Audio loading moved from pre-game to scenario creation (may fix some audio driver conflicts, improves game start time)
  • Fixed an issue with some versions of direct 9.0c in particular installations of Vista and DirectX 10 that would cause crashes on start-up or when loading
  • Switched to starting in windowed mode by default (may fix some crashes on start-up)
  • Fixed minimap corruption at higher resolutions
  • Fixed a rare infinite loop in scenario creation that caused a lock-up on starting a new character
  • Fixed an issue with the game resizing fonts more than necessary (may fix some crashes, particularly upon changing to full-screen mode)

Pat D.

Postby Pat D. » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks Reed et al!

pat!

ivot

Postby ivot » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Excellent!

KnuckleHead

Postby KnuckleHead » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:00 am

Keep them comming :)

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:11 am

Thanks!

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:31 am

Nice work! Good to see you'll be actively supporting this game!

Having a lot of fun with it! Especially enjoying the little village the wilderness feel the game has. The save system certainly does make the game better here since it prevents you from reloading the “bad rolls” which is always more fun I think. May you live in interesting times indeed!

I’ll be a customer for future add-ons. Bring them on! Although actually I’m very content with the game for now, but a nice add-on to revive it during the X-Mas holidays would be very welcome. (A toggle to play a game in the snow and with seasonal monsters?) Although something in a more "realistic" fantasy setting, more encounters, quests loot ect will also be very welcome.

Keep up the good work!

tyjenks

Postby tyjenks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 pm

"CustodianV131" wrote:Having a lot of fun with it! Especially enjoying the little village the wilderness feel the game has. The save system certainly does make the game better here since it prevents you from reloading the “bad rolls” which is always more fun I think. May you live in interesting times indeed!

This is a great point that is always hovering in the back of my mind when I have a setback, because I would certainly go back to a save after Lord or follower deaths. The save system keeps you honest much like Rogue-likes. It strengthens the fact that is represented throughout the game, which is that you must adapt to what resources you have and the random events with which you are prevented. No two games are the same. More games need this.

Bring on the additional refinements and eventual expansion!!! Pretty please!

carcharodon-carcharias

Postby carcharodon-carcharias » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 am

This game is excellent, you really made my year with it!

Please keep supporting the game, and try to address the rightful complaints in Gamespy's review of the game (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/hinterland/915888p2.html), and I will do my part in spreading the word of how much this game is worth it.

Thank you very much for the update, keep up the GREAT job!

Return to “General Discussion”