Highscores getting overwritten

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Maktaka

Highscores getting overwritten

Postby Maktaka » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:11 am

My highscores are not being recorded properly. I've played four games thus far, three wins and one loss (note to self: do not be overconfident and watch TV while playing defending your town on Hard, it is painful and requires a restart). However, I only have the most recent win and the loss on the scores list. I also noticed that the score listed for the win is always for the most recent victory (I've only abandoned the one game, so I don't know if this also happens with dropped/lost characters). I use the same name for all games (this account name), which I think is the problem. However, I find it silly that I need to create a new character name, each one more pointless than the last, in order to have scores properly recorded.

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:22 am

If you always want to be called Maktaka, maybe you can start naming your characters Maktaka 1st, Maktaka 2nd, Maktaka 3rd, etc? Or give each character a seperate surname?

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:34 am

"Gerblyn" wrote:If you always want to be called Maktaka, maybe you can start naming your characters Maktaka 1st, Maktaka 2nd, Maktaka 3rd, etc? Or give each character a seperate surname?

Also handy to track your progress and skill growth! :) I think they should fix it, but the workaround ain't a big problem for me.

Maktaka

Postby Maktaka » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 am

A new wrinkle to the highscores issue: it won't store any information other than the score for all but the newest game. If there's no information provided on the conditions under which the high scores were earned, what use are they?

Baxder

Postby Baxder » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:17 am

Same issue here; only the latest high score is displaid, and with a different named character than previous...??

Return to “General Discussion”